Re: More Bluetooth Problems
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Weirdest thing happened this morning, my Droid Charge paired to my old pioneer AVIC-D3 w/ Bluetooth adapter after asking for the access code. I was a little disappointed because it should remember the code but later today I just tried the Bluetooth audio and it work! After almost a month with this phone and being very disappointed that it was not compatible ( supposedly ) it just all the sudden started working. I made a call and listened to music via my bluetooth connection. Amazing... but this makes me wonder what is really going on here? I know my car unit is good cause it worked great with my Thunderbolt and now it's working with Charge. I hope it stays that way but I'm not holding my breath. 

0 Likes
hothustla40
yes i have the same problem i have the h 17 ppl cant hear sometimes it will shut off
0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello GreenRobot,

I'm glad to hear you are having success!  Please let us know if you need further assistance.  

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

TominqueBo_VZW wrote:

Hello GreenRobot,

I'm glad to hear you are having success!  Please let us know if you need further assistance.  

Thanks! I guess I'm good since my Charge just decided to start working but what about the rest of the bluetooth issues on this thread? Any word from Samsung or the product investigation team? 

0 Likes
kentloose
Having same problem with samsung charge not downloading contacts so thst 2011 Sonata can recognize names. Can dial by number but not name. No problems with my 3G iPhone. Very frustrating and ridiculous.
0 Likes
kentloose
Having same problem with samsung charge not downloading contacts so thst 2011 Sonata can recognize names. Can dial by number but not name. No problems with my 3G iPhone. Very frustrating and ridiculous that samsung wont sync.
0 Likes
Not applicable

@hothustla40

Have you tried to unpair and repair the Bluetooth?  Also, try to put the phone in airplane mode for 5 seconds and turn it off.

Step 1 - Enable Bluetooth functionality on the HTC Droid Incredible ADR6300.

*The Bluetooth power must be set to ON position to pair the handset with a Bluetooth headset.

>From the main screen, tap Menu

>Tap Settings

>Tap Wireless & networks

>Tap Bluetooth (green check mark indicates service on)

Step 2 - Put your fully charged Bluetooth headset into pairing mode. 

>Starting with the headset powered off (microphone flip closed).

>Flip open the boom.

>The light should remain steadily lit in .

>Your Bluetooth accessory is now in pairing mode and ready to be paired with your handset.

Step 3 - Pair the HTC DROID Incredible with a Bluetooth Accessory.

*The Bluetooth power must be set to ON position to pair the handset with a Bluetooth headset.

>From the main screen, tap Menu.

>Tap Settings

>Tap Wireless & Networks tab

>Tap Bluetooth Settings

>Place accessory in pairing mode, see accessory pairing instructions.

>Tap Scan for Devices, device starts Searching.

>Tap XXXAccessory NameXXX to pair

>Pairing Complete, touch home to exit.

0 Likes
kentloose

Chris7317,

I just bought my Charge last night and I am having the exact same problem with my 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I hope Verizon comes up with solution soon or I will return the phone. My online research turned up that both the car and the phone support Bluetooth Hands Free Profile HFP but obviously they are not talking to each other properly. At this point Samsung has to have a solution for us. Go figure both the phone and the car are from Korean manufacturers. There is no excuse for this regardless of where the phone was made.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

I was having the same issue when I had the LG Revolution and my 2011 Chevy Equinox.  It would stay connected.  The issue is more with the vehicle manufacturer than the phone.  I actually talked to someone at Chevy and they said that they were working on updates for BT 3.0 devices.  I'm certainly not sure if it's the same with your Sonata, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I switched to the Charge last night due to many issues with 2 Revos.  The Charge BT is much better than the Revo, which was full of static with 2 different BT headsets I  tried, plus the car issue.

0 Likes
HoustonHeart
Contributor - Level 2

I have a couple headsets. I have issues with the newer smaller ones since my ear canals are small . I noticed my older Jabra over the ear one I like because it fits into my ear right, doesn't hold the connection and drops. THe newer type Small Jabra has no issues. Tried a few other of peopel I know nad any of an older BT standard just won't stay synched, or if they ahve a weaker signal.

0 Likes