Motorola DROID X2 remains in Safe Mode after several attempts to disable and factory data reset.
FredF

Two days ago my Motorola DROID X2 phone began operating in Safe Mode. 

I have removed all apps that I am able to remove. 

I have made several attempts to disable Safe Mode following advice from Verizon.  Powering down, removing the battery, re-inserting the battery and powering up does not disable Safe Mode. 

Factory Data reset does not reset Safe Mode or allow for disable.  I have attempted this 3 times to not avail.

Can I reload the OS ???  Perhaps this will help.....

0 Likes
Re: Motorola DROID X2 remains in Safe Mode after several attempts to disable and factory data reset.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow FredF. It sounds like you've done all the tricks to remove that Safe Mode from the phone. Normally, the power cycle does the trick. Factory Reset is about the "if all else fails" step, but since you've already tried that, it sounds like we may need to consider replacement options. There's no approved way to reload the OS on a Droid X2. Out of curiosity, has there been and physical or liquid damage on the device? Has there been any software alterations to the device other than the approved releases of software directly from Motorola?

You can follow and Direct Message me for assistance with checking the replacement options on your account.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes