Motorola Droid Bionic problems
technohead
  1. 4G doesn't work right.  Sometimes device shows 4G and strong signal but can't surf or use any Internet services.  Power cycling resolves it temporarily.  I have set phone to use 3G only for increased reliability.
  2. Sometimes the device won't turn back on.  Have to remove the battery and put it back in to get it working again.  This happens when the charge is still ok on the battery.  This is very inconvenient and time consuming since it requires dismantling the Otter Box protective cover and then opening the very difficult battery cover.
  3. WiFi sometimes does not work.  Need to toggle airplane mode to get it working (FYI: WiFi signal strength is much weaker than any other WiFi device and is very limited in range).
  4. When syncing with IMAP email account, sent items synced originally when using "push" feature, but do not sync anymore when using scheduled sync.
  5. Camera function is so slow it is almost useless. Camera picture clarity is poor. Hard to believe camera is 8 megapixel.
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Bionic problems
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

technohead wrote:
5.  Camera function is so slow it is almost useless. Camera picture clarity is poor. Hard to believe camera is 8 megapixel.

I agree that the shutter lag is too long, and the camera (software, probably) has trouble focusing at times...but as an FYI:

Quality has nothing to do with number of pixels.  A 2 megapixel image will fill up an HD-resolution screen, and having more pixels will not improve that image.  Having/advertising a high number of pixels is mostly marketing to fool people who don't understand photography in general and digital imaging in particular.

Two situations where a high number of pixels matters:

1. You're going to print the image on a big piece of paper
  2. You're going to crop the image to a small region of the original, so you want that cropped piece to have enough resolution to still fill the screen.
0 Likes
pappy53
Enthusiast - Level 3
From what I have read, a third-party app called "Camera Zoom FX" takes care of many of the camera issues. I haven't tried it yet.
0 Likes
GrsmRngr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have problems 1 and 2 as well, all the way down to the Otter Box cover....GRR!  I LOVE it when it works, but neithr 3 or 4g is completely reliable.  Hoping for a fix - SOON!

0 Likes
AirCav

so far i love the droid bionic.  only trouble was it goes black and you have to replace battery.  But now for no reason the cam stopped working and tech tells me it is toast they never heard of my problem.

When you turn on the 8Mp cam it goes to like a red fabric look flashes and then goes black.  Nothing they do will fix it.  Gallery is ok and front facin cam works.  But reg cam setting vid or cam just ends up black screen.

Now i get to spend tomorrow getting new bionic and reloading all my crap.....  Damn It!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes