Moving apps to new replacement phone?
heyjo94

My phone was one of the hundreds that just completely died without warning. It was covered under warranty & received my new replacement phone last night. When I called to activate my phone, they told me I needed to go to my gmail account & move all my apps over to the new phone and restore all my contacts using backup assistant. I was able to restore all my contacts no problem, but cannot figure out how to move all my apps over to my new phone. I moved the sim card, memory card & battery to my new phone as instructed. Does anyone have directions for locating my apps & moving them to my new phone?

0 Likes
Re: Moving apps to new replacement phone?
Not applicable

Just go to the Play Store all your apps will be there

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you run into problems, just go to the Play Store and go to My Apps (not sure how to do that on your phone; on mine, it's Menu > My Apps).  You should get a list of installed and downloaded apps.  If they all don't automatically install, you can press the Install button on each one to try again.

0 Likes
heyjo94

Thank you. I am in the play store and don't see a list of apps I had previously. If I search for each individual app, It appears I need to re-install?

0 Likes
heyjo94

Thank you. Looks like I will have to re-install each individual app. No fun. Some of the apps had a my history in them, like catch (used for notes & reminders, etc), fitness apps, recipe apps etc. I appreciate the help though.

0 Likes