Multiple Problems with Native Apps
ypallavi

I bought my phone in July 2011.  A few weeks ago, two of the native apps, Text messages and making calls, stopped functioning normally. When I hit the "Phone" key on the home screen, it no longer brought up a menu with recent calls and a keypad. Instead, a tiny gray box would pop up that said "phone". The contact names in my text messages, even though all these people were in my contacts, also disappeared. I tried restarting my phone, and removed the battery as well. However, neither of these issues were resolved. I downloaded an app to make calls, and that worked fine. However, I didn't like the interface and resorted to restoring my phone to factory settings (very annoying).

Now, a week or two later, the alarm/world clock app has stopped working. When I click on the clock on the home screen, it used to bring up the app for the alarm/world clock / stopwatch. This stopped working, so I resorted to downloading an Alarm app from marketplace.

I woke up this morning and saw that the native mail client would not refresh my emails even though I manually refreshed the emails. The last email I received was at 2:00am. Not sure what happened between then and when I woke up at 6. The only account I am linked to is Gmail. I am really frustrated with this phone...WHAT IS GOING ON? I haven't downloaded any apps in the past few days, so I don't think I ruined my phone by downloading any viruses. I also use the Lookout App, which claims that everything on my phone is fine. I REALLY don't want to do another factory reset....because the way things look this is becoming an issue every few weeks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multiple Problems with Native Apps
Not applicable

ypallavi,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties the phone is causing. I am confident that I can offer support to get this resolved. You have done a lot of troubleshooting on your own with a reset and researching the Market for apps as a workaround to the present concerns. I want to point out that Lookout or any anti-virus app typically causes more trouble than what its worth. I recommend removing the application from your phone to see if the performance improves. In order to remove your initial Gmail account, a hard reset is required. I understand it is annoying in some aspects; however it is necessary in certain situations. If these are repeated issues and the resets you've done is not working, it may be related to a hardware issue. I would like for you to remove Lookout from the phone and possibly another reset dependent on how the phone runs with the anti-virus application. 

Please advise of the progress and if the issues continue feel free to PM me directly for assistance.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ypallavi

I tried to delete my Gmail account from the email client in order to see if I could re-add it and fix the issue. However, when I tried to delete the account, I get a message that says "Server not responding" or "Warning 503 80317: Unable to Remove Account". I'm not sure if this is related to the updating issue...

0 Likes
Not applicable

ypallavi,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties the phone is causing. I am confident that I can offer support to get this resolved. You have done a lot of troubleshooting on your own with a reset and researching the Market for apps as a workaround to the present concerns. I want to point out that Lookout or any anti-virus app typically causes more trouble than what its worth. I recommend removing the application from your phone to see if the performance improves. In order to remove your initial Gmail account, a hard reset is required. I understand it is annoying in some aspects; however it is necessary in certain situations. If these are repeated issues and the resets you've done is not working, it may be related to a hardware issue. I would like for you to remove Lookout from the phone and possibly another reset dependent on how the phone runs with the anti-virus application. 

Please advise of the progress and if the issues continue feel free to PM me directly for assistance.

Thank you!

0 Likes