Music docking? audio input/output?
robimon7

does the droid x have the capability to play my music to another system?  If yes, please let me know how to do this, what do I need to buy to make it work, thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Music docking? audio input/output?
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

good morning. in my car i still have a cassette player and bought a cassette adapter that has a 1/8 inch phono wire that i plug into the headphone port on my x. in my house i have just a 1/8 inch headphone to standard rca that allows me to plug it directly into my receiver. you`ll have to adjust the volume level on the phone because i find that when the volume is set to max on the phone and i run it through either my car stereo or home receiver the sound gets distorted so i just lower the volume on to the phone. i also turn off the any sound effects on the phone and just allow the eq settings of both the car and receiver to adjust those as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
robimon7

no one knows?  I want to be able to use my droid x and hook it up to a system and play my music outloud.  There's no option to do this?

0 Likes
HenryG

We would really need to know what type of system do you intend to put the music to! If you mean to put it through your computer then you need one method of setup or if you intend to put it through your stereo system that is another, and if through your stereo in your vehicle another! For both the home and car systems, it may suffer some, but you can purchase a bluetooth device to send it to your stereo through the fm stereo. The computer may use bluetooth or an adapter is available to use it via the headphone jack. 

0 Likes
robimon7

i'm so sorry, your right, I did forget to write down what system, well I meant like if I was going to throw a little party and wanted it to run it in a say BOSE home stereo system, will the droid be able to do that if I buy the right connectors?

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

good morning. in my car i still have a cassette player and bought a cassette adapter that has a 1/8 inch phono wire that i plug into the headphone port on my x. in my house i have just a 1/8 inch headphone to standard rca that allows me to plug it directly into my receiver. you`ll have to adjust the volume level on the phone because i find that when the volume is set to max on the phone and i run it through either my car stereo or home receiver the sound gets distorted so i just lower the volume on to the phone. i also turn off the any sound effects on the phone and just allow the eq settings of both the car and receiver to adjust those as well.

0 Likes
robimon7

thank you, solved!

0 Likes