My Droid Incredible will not process the latest update
mickeybr

So I started getting messages last week saying that an update was available. I finally said yes to the update and it failed telling me there was not enough space on my device. So I cleaned up by uninstalling some apps and clearing data and caches. The next time the message came back up, I said yes and it says that my software is already up-to-date. I get the same message when I try the update from settings. The same message shows up once or twice daily and I always get the same result.

Please tell me I don't have to do a factory reset to fix this problem. I would rather not go through that. Anyone else having trouble with the update?

Android version: 2.3.4

Baseband version: 2.15.10.12.20

Kernel version: 2.6.35.13-g22d3486

Build number: 4.08.605.15 CL389630 release-keys

Software number: 4.08.605.15 710RD

Browser version: WebKit/533.1

PRI version: 1.28_002

PRL version: 52948

ERI version: 5

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Droid Incredible will not process the latest update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Norcalman wrote:

Okay, for those of us needing to know, how do you do a factory reset?

Hard Reset - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JLamb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having a similar issue.  I delayed the update and finally said yes a few times.  However, the update won't install for various reasons (not enough space, not enough battery charge, no apparent reason) and my phone begins to act strange.  Right now, none of my downloaded apps will allow me to sign in.  They crash as soon as I enter the password and a force close screen appears.  I'm not getting texts and my email won't update unless I manually sync my with my account.  I'm hoping that a hard reset isn't the answer, as you mentioned. 

bigfoothunter

I've been having the same problem over the last couple of months. Even in the Verizon store they was unable to get it to do update.

0 Likes
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry to say but the factory reset is most likely the way to go.  Once the reset is complete it should prompt for the update during the set up.  It's usually good to reset a phone after a sw update anyway.  Another option to maybe try if you have not already is to try over wifi....

0 Likes
mickeybr

Took it to the Verizon store. They said that there was not supposed to be a push update on the phone because it was older.

Then it stopped accessing the data services for everything. Finally had them do a factory reset so now I've lost all my old text messages. Sigh. What a pain. At least it did the upgrade after that and now I have ICS installed.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The original DROID Incredible has a minor update available. It isn't going to be ICS (Android 4.0).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Norcalman
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Norcalman wrote:

Hard Reset - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC

0 Likes