My Droid X is terrible
tennisknew

I have been to a Verizon store about 4 times since May 2011. When the gingerbread update came out my phone started freezing and randomly resets itself about 2-4 times a day. Every time I go to the store, they try to fix the problem. It never fixes. They have done resets and clear the cache. I don't want to keep getting new Droid X's when they're all going to do the same thing. I have gone through two phones already. I would like this problem fixed or they need to replace my phone with an equal value phone like the Droid 2 or DX2.

0 Likes
Re: My Droid X is terrible
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I think we need more information from you as to WHEN the problems start.  You said that Verizon has done "resets"  & "cleared cache" ..  so what happened immediately after that? Was it working properly in the store and then you did something that changed the phone -- like downloaded APPS? How long did it work, if at all? Are the symptoms the same - Random Resets or Freezing up?

You might want to try to run in SAFE MODE and see if the problem(s) persist. If they do NOT persist in SAFE MODE, you likely installed a rogue APP that is causing your grief.  What Apps have you installed and what are you running when the Freezes or Resets occur?

0 Likes
tennisknew

After they reset the phone both times, I waited a couple of days to download any new apps. It did not help. The only apps downloaded on my phone is pandora. Nothing helps. The people at Verizon don't even care.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

You said you did not download Apps, then you said "the only apps dl'd was Pandora".  So how long did you run w/o ANY apps to "test" ????  Again, does this happen in SAFE MODE ? have you even tried that?

Did the problems start after Pandora was installed? Reason I ask is that Pandora *had* major issues with GB after the initial release of GB -- I had the same issue :  Phone would freeze or just auto-reboot while streaming Pandora.  I uninstalled Pandora and never reinstalled it and all my issues went away. (I use Jango instead which I actually prefer over Pandora).

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

I often have problems with my Droid X, I love my phone and wouldn't say that it was terrible.  I mean I use my phone for everything.  I have a ton of apps on it and my attitude towards the resets or freezing have always been one of forgiveness.  Lately I have noticed many more resets with my phone.  I have also notice that at least one app has been pushed out to my phone, the Back Up Assistant Plus.  I'm not using my phone any differently than I did previously but I definitely have more resets then ever before!  I can't upgrade my phone until June and I have only had it for since Sept of 2010.  I still love my phone but I wish I could get it to stop resetting all the time, currently it resets at a minimum of once a day

0 Likes
smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

I would request that if most haven't already keep calling 611 and make sure they know they have a serious issues with the 4.5.605.MB810 update for DROID X, so they will do something about it. They told me that the update was supposed to fix it. It never happened or did I have any problems until the update. And for the record, I am pretty sure Motorola made the update probably to Verizons specs, so check http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-EN/Consumer-Support/Mobile-Phones/Motorola+DROID+X also to keep up to date. *There are other ways to fix it as well. But you would have to google it! Due to TOS on this site.

0 Likes