My Droid will not receive text msg. How can I back up or save some previous text messages?
abluedds

My Droid will not receive text msg. I have been told I must reset my phone but that will deleate all my previous text msg. How can I save or print out some previous text msg which I need to have for my records?

0 Likes
Re: My Droid will not receive text msg. How can I back up or save some previous text messages?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are apps in Google Play that will back up your text messages.  Several will also forward a copy of the backup to your e-mail.

0 Likes
Re: My Droid will not receive text msg. How can I back up or save some previous text messages?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Go to Google Play and download SMS Backup and Restore. Then back up all of your texts. You can then copy the XML to your computer or SD Card and them reinstall them on the phone later or on another phone.

0 Likes
abluedds

How do I copy  the XML to my computer or SD card. I've downloaded the app but it says the backup went to the internal storage.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

If you go into your APPS menu you will see a folder called Files. If you click on that you will see Internal Phone Storage, SD Card and Shared Folders. Touch Internal Phone Storage and scroll down to the SMS Backup and Restore folder. There will be 2 files in there. Long press on 1 and select move, then move it to the SD Card, Then repeat for the second one. Now they are on your SD Card so you can move that between phone and phone and computer if you have an SD Card Reader for the computer.

The other way to get these to your computer is to plug in the USB Cord to your computer and your phone. Make sure the Mass Storage radio button is selected when prompted. You will have 2 little windows pop up asking you what you want to do. Scroll down to the Folder on both of these (1 is internal memory, the other is your SD Card). Scroll down to the SMS Backup and Restore folder and open it, then copy both files from that folder to your desktop.

0 Likes