My Droid2 Global went swimming. Please help.
galleria2k

It was underwater for about 15 minutes. The good news, is that it was in a swimming pool, clean water, if you catch my drift. This was 3 days ago.

I took out the battery & sim card & micro sd card. I put the phone in a bag of rice & it has dried out nicely.

I have extra batteries, so I will not use the one that got wet again.

It's been 72 hours & I put the phone back together. Miracle of miracles, it powers up.

This is what the screen says:

Bootloader

D0.11 (that's a zero)

Battery OK

OK to Program

Transfer Mode:

USB

So, where do I go from here?

I forgot to mention, I am vacationing in a foreign country without access to a Verizon store. I had been using a sim card from Digicel & I can go to their office if you think they can at least get the phone working with their sim card.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. I am due for a new phone from Verizon in August, so I may have to get it early. Not the end of the world, but I do like the phone & would like to get it working again if possible.

thanks.

0 Likes
Re: My Droid2 Global went swimming. Please help.
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello galleria2k,

Unfortunate, your phone got wet while traveling abroad, but so glad you were able to get it powered back on.  I would like to suggest, upon arriving back to the U.S. & in a Verizon Wireless coverage area, reprogramming the device by dialing *228 option 1.  The SIM that comes with this device is for global purposes only, not used for activation or programming.  Because the device is branded for Verizon Wireless network, it will only activate in our coverage area.

I hope I have answered your question, and have addressed your concerns.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My Droid2 Global went swimming. Please help.
galleria2k

Thanks for your help, Anthony.

I am back home & unfortunately, the phone is not going to work. It will not recognize the sim card & the radio appears to not work. A friend was able to put the OS back on the phone & it will work with Wifi. So I guess I have a nice "fake" iTouch now.

So now the big question, do I tough it out until August with my old Blackberry, or do I spring for a new phone now? What's the word on Droid 4?

0 Likes