My Text Messages will only go to Verizon phones
frogmanjc

My phone will only receive text messages from phones on Verizon and those on other networks never get my sms.  Is there anything that can be done?

I get no error messages.  It was a birthday gift to my daughter and I can't seem to find anyway to get this to work.

0 Likes
Re: My Text Messages will only go to Verizon phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Frogmanjc, I'm always using my phone to text and stay connected with friends and family, so I definitely understand how important it is to have it working properly.

Are you able to send text message to non Verizon numbers? Do you know if the person from the other carrier that is sending you a text message have a signature in their text? This can sometime cause an issue and you may not receive the text.

I suggest performing a soft reset by removing the battery for a minute and retesting. If you continue to have any issues please post back for further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
frogmanjc

Thank you for responding. I have completed you directions but its still not resolved.  I have done a complete factory reset and reactivated the phone with not solution to the problem.  I have a feeling there is some setting stopping the phone number from being able to send the messages.  I really think the problem isn't with the phone.

Please anything you can look into would be great.  I can PM the phone number if that would help.

Thanks

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Was this a new phone number or did you port a phone number in for your daughter's line?  Sometimes there is an issue with out-of-network text messages after a number port-in.

0 Likes
frogmanjc

This was a port in... she had a number from google voice that she wanted to keep. So I followed the directions from google to unlock the number then port it over.  Do we need to get a new number or can it be reported or something.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Contact the number porting department and ask for the number to be rebroadcasted. This is step one for troubleshooting, and you may be fine after this. There are many other troubleshooting steps that I don't remember, but the techs should be able to help you out with this.

I went through this almost two years ago with another carrier, so my memory of what worked has faded a lot. It did take patience and persistence on my part. I hope that yours is a quicker process.

0 Likes