NOTICE The Media Store does not currently support online purchase of ringtones for the phone at this number. You may be able to download ringtones directly from your phone
tlfay

I just got my new Droid X.  Went to the Media store and received this error message.  Now what do I do?

0 Likes
Re: NOTICE The Media Store does not currently support online purchase of ringtones for the phone at this number. You may be able to download ringtones directly from your phone
Not applicable

If I may can I tell you that you don't need to purchase any ringtones. Your phone has the ability to use the music that is on your phone. What I have done is placed over a thousand mp3, or wma soungs from my computer into my music folder via hooking up my phone via usb (you can google on how to do your phone make) or look at your owners manual on how to do this. Even Verizon has instructions on this.

On my phone after I transferred the songs I wanted I went in to my contacts and set the song I want to that person, you can also set the default ring tone via the cell phone settings. its easy after you do it once.

Of course on a Apple iPhone its a different process but this instruction is available on line and from Apple tech support.

Thank god you have a droid its easier to do.

Good luck...

0 Likes
Re: NOTICE The Media Store does not currently support online purchase of ringtones for the phone at this number. You may be able to download ringtones directly from your phone
tlfay

Thank you for the quick responce.  Ill try that. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

Glad I could help. No one should buy when you can do it yourself