Need Help. Might be in big trouble
Droid_Owner

I have a Motorola Droid and have been testing the limits of what the phone can do. Well I have been hearing that the Unlimited Data package is no so unlimited. I haven't confirmed it with anyone from the company but what I have heard is that there is a limit of 5GB. So I am in trouble because I checked and I just hit 8GB!!!!!! Does anyone know how much (if at all) I will be charged. I don't want to get a $600 bill.

0 Likes
Re: Need Help. Might be in big trouble
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

The $29.99/month data plan is unlimited.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I have heard this too. A sales rep in a Verizon store told me her plan is not really unlimited, that there's a 5GB cap. But that my grandfathered Alltel plan is truly unlimited.

I'm not sure what happens. If it's advertised as unlimited, it doesn't seem right to bill you.

Besides that, have you put down your Droid at all? I see a chiropractor in your future!  :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

The plan on smartphones is unlimited. The 5GB limit is on the broadband devices for a PC.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

It would really be nice if customers could get consistent and accurate information from Verizon reps.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I agree, logicman ... consistency would be nice.

This sales rep was talking about her BlackBerry plan. But it was an independent store, so maybe she didn't know what she was talking about. I knew more about the devices than she did.

0 Likes
Not applicable

All you have to do is look at the data plans on this site to get the answer.  Data for a computer is 5 GB for $59.99 while data for a phone is $29.99 for unlimited.  If you can read you can find the answer and don't need to rely on a store rep who may or may not know the correct answer.

0 Likes
IFLATLINEI

"If you can read you can find the answer and don't need to rely on a store rep who may or may not know the correct answer."

Slightly condescending whether intentional or not. I would prefer to see that kind of attitude directed to the Verizon reps who get payed to do a job right. Verizon doesnt pay them to confuse the situation. 

0 Likes