Network Extender
Pheasant283

I have a Samsung network extender that I have had for 3+ years to get cell service in my house. It worked great with my old cell phone. But now that I have a new smart phone, my phone is not hooking up to it and getting any improved service. Is this network extender not compatible with a smart phone or is there something I need to do to get my phone to hook up with it?

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Pheasant283 - Let's make sure your Network Extender is smart enough to handle your Smartphone! Had you previously setup the Extender Whitelist at http://www.vzw.com/myverizon under "Devices." If so you will need to add the device ID to the Whitelist to allow your new phone to conenct to the Extender. Please keep me updated on the status as I would be happy to offer additional support.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender
Pheasant283

Hi, No I have not previously setup the Extender Whitelist. Could it be my network extender is out dated and not compatible with 4G. When I come into my house my phone is on 3G it has full service from the network extender. But after a minute or 2 my phone will switch over to 4G and only have 1 or 2 bars of service. I have also tried dialing #48 and I get a recording saying I am under network extender coverage, yet I only have 1 or 2 bars.

0 Likes