Never Got Incredible OTA Update
pequeajim

All my friends that have the Incredible got their OTA last week.  i have not.  I even checked my SW version and it is still sitting at 605.0, not the update 605.2?

Is there a way to force this update?  Does it really matter?

0 Likes
Re: Never Got Incredible OTA Update
pequeajim

anyone?

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Honestly, unless you're using Outlook email, it doesn't do anything at all. It just addresses some issues with Exchange, nothing else at all.

0 Likes
Ekipage

Did you go to menu, settings, about phone, system updates?  If not give it a try.  You could also do a manufacturer reset (call HTC about how to do this as I forget), but it should pull the update in when it reloads.  Just make sure you have all your data/contacts backed-up before you do this.

0 Likes
pequeajim

Ekipage wrote:

Did you go to menu, settings, about phone, system updates?  If not give it a try.  You could also do a manufacturer reset (call HTC about how to do this as I forget), but it should pull the update in when it reloads.  Just make sure you have all your data/contacts backed-up before you do this.

Yep, I tried menu, settings, about phone, system updates.  The phone came back and let me know that I wa already up to date.  I checked the version and I am at 605.0.

I'm not so much worried about getting the update as I am that my phone did not receive it.  I use outlook, but not exchange so HTC Sync works fine for what I need, but what about in the future when Verizon pushes out an upgrade that does benefit me?  I want to know that I will get it properly.

0 Likes
pequeajim

I can't believe a Verizon person has not answered this question?  Is it a taboo subject?  I got a bit of a negative reaction when I chatted with a Verizon rep online.  First they said that there was not an OTA upgrade for the Incredible, then when I told them specifically that there was and gave her the version, she told me to call support...

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I got it and I don't use corporate e-mail.  I don't see the software version you are talking about.  None of my software versions are 605.0 or 605.2.  Anyway I wouldn't worry about it as has already been said it really doesn't do anything but fix a minor bug with Exchange.  It may be that it hasn't rolled out to everyone yet.  They are also rolling out the Eris updates which probably took precidence.  Anyway I just got it a couple of days ago so again I wouldn't worry about it. 

0 Likes
pequeajim

Under Software Information and Software Number, it should read 1.22.605.2.  The original was 605.0.  I just didn't want to type the whole version number out. 

Question: if you can't see the version, then how do you know that you actually got it?

fezzik wrote:

I got it and I don't use corporate e-mail.  I don't see the software version you are talking about.  None of my software versions are 605.0 or 605.2.  Anyway I wouldn't worry about it as has already been said it really doesn't do anything but fix a minor bug with Exchange.  It may be that it hasn't rolled out to everyone yet.  They are also rolling out the Eris updates which probably took precidence.  Anyway I just got it a couple of days ago so again I wouldn't worry about it. 

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Ah I see the bit about 1.22.605.2 CL161494 release-keys.  Intriguing. 

0 Likes
pequeajim

Anyone from Verizon want to chime in on this?  After all, this IS a verizon sponsored forum?

0 Likes