New Software Update?
Alpengeist
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went into a Verizon store today to get my keyboard issue fixed and the guy said that they are in a beta stage of a software update that will eventually be released for the charge since they have gotten so many complaints about the recent update.. Anybody else heard this? I'm wondering if this guy is actually right since he mentioned many of the bugs we have with the new update and he event mentioned that we just got one. Praying he is right. ICS possibly?

0 Likes
Re: New Software Update?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

ICS, no.  Samsung probably won't be updating any Galaxy S to a full version of ICS.  The only thing I've seen regarding any update for the Charge was the Gingerbread update back on Nov. 30.

0 Likes
CFTagain

Hi,

Did this guy actually say "the gingerbread" update is getting an upgrade?

I was shocked to realize how little most of these guys know regarding the phones and

software. I walked in to a Verizon store around the end of Nov. and the one of their "top"

guys was actually referring to these forums for answers and help to my questions!

The person you spoke to may have been referring to the gingerbread update we all received

last month as "the new software update" over froyo.

0 Likes
Alpengeist
Enthusiast - Level 2

he just said that there was a new update for it a few weeks ago and that its had too many bugs so they have an update in the beta stages. so no, he never actually said the words gingerbread

0 Likes