Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Status Bar Symbol
DeadFredd

I did the new update a few days ago and I have this new status bar symbol.  It is a house with signal bars on top of it.  Any ideas as to what it means?

0 Likes
Re: New Status Bar Symbol
WTTTT

I don't have the new version yet, but based on your description, I would guess it is a wifi icon.

0 Likes
DeadFredd

That is what I thought at first, but the WiFi symbol is on at the same time as the house symbol

0 Likes
WTTTT

Well then, I don't know.  I would have bet that a symbol such as that must mean wifi.  Maybe someone else will know for sure.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

locations services? possibly? try disabling all of your location services (gps, verizon, and google....in your settings) and see if it disappears.

0 Likes
wkavan02
Novice

Could be Verizon's constant notification to enable WiFi being added to this device, like it is on the Galaxy S III and DROID Incredible 4G LTE

0 Likes
jco23
Novice

can you provide a screenshot?

0 Likes
tjgeek2012

Do you have a Verizon Network Extender? I have the same icon and my lock screen now says "Network Extender" instead of "Verizon Wireless" when I am in range of my extender.

0 Likes
davelocal

I have a Verizon Network Extender. I have the same icon.

0 Likes
NellieNobody

I can confirm what other users have said, that the house with signal waves icon in the status bar indicates the Verizon Network Extender. After reading the above, I powered off my Network Extender and the icon disappeared. I powered it back on and the icon reappeared after the Network Extender SYS LED turned blue.

0 Likes