Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New battery & won't turn on?
mevans327

So I haven't used my phone for a while because my battery died and the Verizon website wouldn't let me purchase one, so I bought one off amazon. I received my new battery today, and my phone was working great! until my battery died. It's been on the charger now since 4pm, it's now almost 11:30pm.

My phone charges for all of two minutes and then 'discharges' the battery??? after the first time it discharged the battery it wouldn't turn on... and it still won't turn on.

Is there any way to fix this? 

0 Likes
Re: New battery & won't turn on?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's get this figured out! Since you have tried a different battery we can conclude that its not the battery However it make the charger or the actual device. Any physical or water damage? Do you have a different charger that you can test the device with? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your involvement in our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mevans327

There is no physical or water damage, I have been very careful with my phone.
I have tried two wall chargers and have tried charging my phone through my computer using the USB cord. Still nothing. I even went ahead and bought a wall mount just to directly charge the battery and still nothing, I went to the verizon store closest to me and I sat there for a good 40 minutes listening to the guy tell me that he can't do anything for me and it must be the battery.
However I've replaced the battery and tried several ways of charging it, I told him it was the phone and he wouldn't believe me even though he couldn't even get it to turn on.

0 Likes
flowrpowr02

I bought the Droid Razor back in March 2012. Within 1 week the phone went dead and would NOT receive a charge from any source, not an ac charger for home, dc charger for car, usb from computer, NOTHING worked! I took it back to the store where I bought it from and they replaced it with a brand new phone. I then purchased the add on battery pack, just to be on the safe side. Now it's happening again! And the external battery pack is useless. I've been plugging it into different devices and letting it charge for hours and even over night since Monday. It still doesn't even recognize that it's plugged in.

I called Verizon today and first of all, the customer service rep was condescending and rude.Second, they are supposedly sending me ANOTHER replacement. But since it's Friday, I have to wait until Monday to receive it....UNLESS... I want to pay $19.95 for a Saturday delivery. I'm paying for a phone I can't use and I'm expected to pay the expedited shipping??? Will I be refunded for the amount of time the phone served as a paper weight?

This phone is very nice with all the features and it's apps and so forth, when it's WORKING!!! But if you can't turn it on, no amount of features and apps make it worth the high price of it. Very disappointed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for that information mevans327

How long have you had your Incredible 2? Has it been relaced under warranty or through insurance at all?  I see its been a couple weeks since this started, does the phone work even for minimal amount of time? If you can get it to turn on, what is the Software Verision? You get this information by going to Settings> About Phone> Software Information.

Thanks,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
2Rosann

Hi, I really need some help.  my droid has had the same problem 5 times now and every time I go I get a new thing to try. new replacement phone x1. new battery x2, just try and turn it off for a while in the a.m. x 3. take out thye n batterike x4 and you might need a new chanrger x5....

I don't have a phone and I am paying for a broke phone. help.  i am tried of the run around.

0 Likes
mevans327

I've had it for a little over a year now, I had insurance on it but the summer that I had bought it I went up to Alaska for work and my signal dropped. They decided to cancel my insurance because I didn't call the company back within 5 business days, when I called them back a week later they said they could not reinstate my insurance. So I have been without insurance on my phone since then.

I have my phone up and running for half the day, I go through 5 different batteries though.

In Software Information it says.

Android Version : 2.2.1.

Baseband Version: 20.23w.30.0903u_0.99.01.0225_2

Kernel Version:

2.6.35.9-gdd66b2f

htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Fri Mar 18 02:33:54 CST 2011

Build Number: 1.34.605.4.CL341571 release-keys

Software Number: 1.34.605.4

Browser Version: Webkit/533.1

PRI version: 1.92_002

PRL version: 52644