Newbie Info Center?
Callonme

I'm pretty new to smartphones.  I have had lots of problems with my Droid 2.2 and this board has been a great help (i.e.. don't need a taskkiller as per the sales associate's advice).  Is there any place to find instruction, tutorial or FAQ's geared to new users, but at a higher level then basic?  I am sure most of my issues are because I am ill informed.

0 Likes
Re: Newbie Info Center?
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your device you can always reach out to VZW for assistance, we are always here to help. We can be contacted via Customer service by dailing *611 from mobile or 1-800-922-0204 and you can reach out to forums, just as you have. Support information is also provided on www.verizonwireless.com, there you will also have access to our faqs. There is also a contact us link at the top of www.verizonwireless.com page in the upper that has been placed on the site for customers assistance. For more support with your Droid 2 you can also visit www.motorola.com for assistance as well. There are several sites online that will be of some assistance to you as well and google is a very good search tool to use. Enjoy your Droid. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Newbie Info Center?
Joe_Evaristo
Contributor - Level 1

Depending on just how basic the info you need is, Motorola actually included some tutorial videos on the Droid 2. Go into your apps list (the little up arrow on your home screen) and choose "Help Center." From there you can see guided tour videos, read tips and tricks, read some FAQs, etc.

I'd second Tamika's suggestion of using Motorola's site as well--they have a community forum there that's monitored by Motorola staff. They'll not only help you troubleshoot when you have a problem, they'll also contact an engineer when you need a higher level of help, they'll submit bug reports, and they'll submit feature requests. It can be very helpful at times. Here is a link directly to Motorola's Droid 2 community forums: https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droid2?view=discussions

Another option is the Android Forums, by Phandroid. You can get there through this link: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-2/ Often they're very helpful over there, and you can usually get answers to questions pretty quickly. And once you get better at using your phone, you might even be able to return the favor and answer questions for other people.

0 Likes