No internet connection with mobile network but connection with WiFi OK
mike33762

I just received my replacement Droid 3 yesterday. Keep in mind this is my 3rd replacement phone in less than a year. This is the first phone where I can not seem to figure out why I cant connect to the Internet unless I am covered with a WiFi Hotspot. One thing I have noticed is the mobile signal strength bars does not have a 3G or 1x next to them like my last 2 phones did. I tried changing the Mobile Network from Global to CDMA but this didn't help either. Airplane mode is off and I can make calls and send receive texts just fine as well. Is there any other settings I need to change to have Internet access over the mobile network?

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: No internet connection with mobile network but connection with WiFi OK
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mike33762

I depend on the internet on my Android device to stay connected so I definitely understand the importance of having access to your data. I appreciate the steps you've taken in trying to resolve this on your on. It sounds like you have checked all the right settings, so far.

I recognize the value in your time. Can you please this last step:

Enable / Disable Data - DROID 3
  •

From a home screen, select the App menu.

•

Select Settings.
 If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.

•

Select Battery & data manager.

•

Select Data delivery.

•

Select Data enabled to enable / disable.
 Enabled when a green indicator is present.

I trust this information will prove successful in resolving your data connection. Let us know if you need anything further.

Thank you,

TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
0 Likes