No notification volume or vibration (emails) after GB update
phios

Hi All,

I've scoured the forums and web looking for an answer but haven't seem to have any luck.  After updating my phone , I have had no luck getting my notification volume to work (emails).  I hear the notification ringtone for text messages, and I can change the volume in the setting menu, however my corporate email does not sound off a notification, which is probably one of the most important features for me.

Prior to the 4.08 software update, this *basic* feature was working properly, however after my phone decided to do a complete factory reset two weeks ago (and then subsequently  install the 4.08 update), there has been no volume for my email notifications.

I am not using touchdown or any 3rd party apps for ringtones or email.  The phone is bone stock...  I'm afraid that this is going to turn into a real issue for me within the next few weeks, requiring me to seek a replacement.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to get the notification volume back?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: No notification volume or vibration (emails) after GB update
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Phios,

Oh No!  I know how important it is to be notified of incoming emails. Let's get this resolved immediately.

Do you get sound notifications for other emails like Gmail? Have you deleted the e-mail account and readded the account? Here's a link that shows how to remove the e-mail account: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=36347

Please ensure the e-mail notification sound has been turned on and retest. Please go to Mail>Choose The Account>Menu>More>Settings>Notification Settings> Turn on Sound.

Please let me know if this helps, if not we can further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes