Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Not feeling lucky!! System UIDs Inconsistent...... What?
DawnMarie1

I have been using a Droid Incredible by HTC for about a year and a half now. I realized it had froze up when I went to use it this morning. I pulled battery out, turned back on and this is what I got

"System UIDs Inconsistent UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable"

Then option to click I'm feeling lucky

I clicked it.

Lost everything, right back the way it was the the day I pulled it out of the box. Except I can't even get Internet connection now. Removed battery and rebooted, same message again. Had to do updates or re download  just about every app ( thank God I still have unlimited data) but most of them still don't work. Immediately after starting app I get   " Sorry! The application has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again   Force Close"

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Not feeling lucky!! System UIDs Inconsistent...... What?
DawnMarie1

more info on the above

Okay, so I spoke with Verizon technical support today  the lady I spoke with believes that it has something to do with my Google account because of the I'm feeling Lucky button. So I did what she suggested, which was to open a new Google account. I really didn't want to since I use Gmail for my business. It didn't work. She had no other suggestions. So I got replacement phone coming to me in the mail. 

0 Likes
Re: Not feeling lucky!! System UIDs Inconsistent...... What?
Davesene

I had the very same situation, same error messages, "feeling lucky" button, etc.   At the suggestion of the Verizon technical representative I spoke with on the phone, I downloaded my pictures from my phone storage, and I removed my SD card for good measure.  I had already backed up my contacts on the Verizon backup assistant.  Then, I actually did wipe my data clean (reset to factory default).  It was scary, but it worked.  My phone returned to the out-of-box status.  The technician downloaded my contacts back to my phone. I reinstalled my SD card.   Since then, I have been carefully selecting apps to reload.  I am afraid to load it with apps from unknown sources, since I suspect the problem may have originated there.  Apps that I had already paid for were marked "purchased," so I did not have to pay again.  I only had to re-install and set-up.

My only problem now is figuring out how to sync my calendar with Outlook.  I am pleased with my outcome, so I recommend the same to you.  The Verizon technical assistant was really helpful.

0 Likes