Not getting any notifications unless connected to 4G
inkdork
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Motorola Droid Mini and everything was working fine. Yesterday we changed our ISP at home from Verizon DSL to Time Warner cable, and while my phone can connect to the Wifi, and stays connected, I am not getting any notifications at all unless I turn Wifi off and use the 4G connection instead. Most apps are working fine (Chrome, Wiki, et cetera) but no notices from any apps, games, social networking, or other.

Any ideas of what can be wrong here? I suspect a setting somewhere got tweaked but I've no idea what or where to begin trouble shooting.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not getting any notifications unless connected to 4G
inkdork
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe I have solved the problem by going into our new router, and adding the MAC address of each device and setting filtering to "allow". Notifications are coming through and all of our devices are not connected. Took a lot of reading, but finally sorted it out!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Not getting any notifications unless connected to 4G
inkdork
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe I have solved the problem by going into our new router, and adding the MAC address of each device and setting filtering to "allow". Notifications are coming through and all of our devices are not connected. Took a lot of reading, but finally sorted it out!

0 Likes