Not getting notification for all text messages
AGB2BPro
Enthusiast - Level 2

For some reason I am not getting notified for all of my text messages. Only some of them. I notice the problem primarily when someone replies to my text - I don't get an audio or icon notification so have to keep going back to check manually if the person has replied. Most of the time the notifications work just fine when receiving initial texts from someone. It's just not working all the time when they reply.  Help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not getting notification for all text messages
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

This happened with my Droid X for an afternoon. I went into Settings -- Applications -- Manage Applications -- selected my texting app, and selected Clear Cache. I also did the same for my email app, because for some reason I have to clear BOTH of those apps to make one of their notifications work. It's very strange, but it works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

This happened with my Droid X for an afternoon. I went into Settings -- Applications -- Manage Applications -- selected my texting app, and selected Clear Cache. I also did the same for my email app, because for some reason I have to clear BOTH of those apps to make one of their notifications work. It's very strange, but it works.

0 Likes
AGB2BPro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for this suggestion. I'll give it a try now!

0 Likes