Notification telling my son to turn his Bionic off
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

So I bought my son a Bionic.  It is a great little phone for him, however, he recently started getting this notification on his device telling him to turn his device off.  The notification symbol is a solid white circle with an exclamation mark in it.  He got this notification a few weeks ago, several times in one day, then not for a while and then again, several times in one day.  I have not seen or heard of anyone having this issue so I am looking to see if someone has an explanation.  I have not done a factory reset yet, but I will if I can not resolve this issue.  I have checked the device for spyware & ads so I am at the end of my knowledge in searching for a solution.  I am saving the dreaded reset for last since he will lose his saved game data.  Thanks for any and all help.

0 Likes
Re: Notification telling my son to turn his Bionic off
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's a new one for me as well.  You might try a system cache clear to see if that will help.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks that was the first step I did.  I really think I will need to do a factory reset, he will NOT be happy with me!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried running it in safe mode to rule out an app issue?

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Nope, I didn't try that.  The thing about safe mode is that it kinda defeats the purpose of having a smart phone.  All the apps he has on this device are the same that he has on his Nook HD & that he had on his 2 previous devices the Droid X2 & the Sony Experia Play.  I guess I will check out Safe Mode before I do the reset though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kooshie,

I love the Droid Bionic! It's a great phone! Let's get to the bottom of this message for you. Is this message appearing with an arrow pointing upward? If so, it means that it is uploading. When the message does state to power down; is the phone getting hot? The recommendation for Safe Mode is a great step. This will tell us if an app is not compatible with your phone.  Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Ghee BobbyS thanks for reading my post fully.  You would have sounded much less condescending if you didn't ask about a completely different notification icon.  I clearly stated the notification icon was a solid white circle with an exclamation mark in it, not an upward facing arrow.  I do appreciate your post and trying to help and you could be correct, the device just might be overheating, however this is my son's phone and I am not with him when he receives these notifications. 

0 Likes