Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OK, upgraded to 4.4 KitKat, all is good but the message indicator is stuck saying 1 new message
sportplayer56

OK, upgraded to 4.4 KitKat, all is good but the message indicator is stuck  saying 1 new message. deleted all texts rebooted a few times send a text and nothing resolved it. Also if I get a new one it say 2 and when read new one it clear the new one but is back at 1 new. Tried a trick someone said but did not help. Anyone have the same issues?

pressing and holding the power button simultaneously with the volume down butt on please. - Failed did not work

I have the mobile data enabled and it did not help.

0 Likes
Re: OK, upgraded to 4.4 KitKat, all is good but the message indicator is stuck saying 1 new message
teripayne

If you're tried to power cycle and delete all texts and it still shows you have a pending message, I would try to go to settings > apps > 'all' apps > messaging.... and clear the data, clear cache, and force stop the messaging app.  When you re-open maybe this will help refresh the pending text message.

0 Likes