Ongoing email issues
keharty

I am continuing to have email issues with my Droid. I do have a gmail account but I don't use it. I use a long-time Yahoo account. with Outlook on my home computer.  When I first got my phone in November I had my account set up to keep emails on the server so I could log in to my Yahoo account from my work computer if I needed to print out an email attachment right away. This always worked just fine with my Blackberry. With the Droid though it would just keep sending me the same emails (the ones stored on the server) which was very annoying so I turned that feature off. Everything seemed to work fine with me being able to delete emails on my phone and then read them in Outlook when I got home.

Now, all of a sudden, sometimes when I delete emails from my phone they are also gone in Outlook. Since the emails don't stay on the server I can't log into Yahoo and still find them. I deleted some very important emails from my husband's boss on my phone today and they weren't in Outlook when I got home. Very embarrassing for my husband to have to call to have them resent.

I am getting very frustrated. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh and I also deleted all the emails in the trash on my so I can't go back and check what emails I'm missing in Outlook.

0 Likes
Re: Ongoing email issues
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3
I really hate to be the type of person to do this, but I would just say start using your gmail account and stop using the yahoo one. Inform all your contacts of the change and forward all your mail from yahoo to gmail. Unless you seriously just don't like google (which is unlikely considering you have an android phone) or you just can't stand gmail, this just makes the most sense. Again, I hate it when people refuse to help me with my direct problem and just offer a completely different alternative, but that's really your best option. If you really want to stick with yahoo, I'm sorry I can't help you, I don't know anything about their server side settings.
0 Likes