Over The Air Signal dropping Periodically
Stuball76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed, mostly while at work, that my over the air signal for data drops suddenly then comes back. 

Is anyone else having this issue? 

The whole icon from the status bar just drops.  It goes from me having 2 bars of call signal strength then suddenly my "3G" indicator just vanishes.  It will sometimes come back with a "1X" then come back to "3G".  I was wondering if it could possibly be the phone or perhaps just my building.  I work for a Home Improvement Warehouse so the building is all metal. 

But, I never had this issue when I was with Sprint and had an HTC Evo.  I am just trying to diagnose the problem in case I have to switch out this phone for another.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Likes
Re: Over The Air Signal dropping Periodically
mspampi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes these are issues with the network and most likely specifically the 4g/3g phones. Depending on where I am, this occurs at certain sites while other sites it is flawless 4g.

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Indoor coverage will vary and may be non-existing in some places due to cellular service cannot pass through brick, metal and other material. Are you having the same issue outdoors? 

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

Couple that issue with the fact that many people are getting "Data connectivity error" ( like myself) on 3G with the Charge and other 4G phones, and you have a problem.

0 Likes