Page contains too many server redirects error message!!
boss2114

I have the incredible 2, had it for months. when I try to go to facebook through google i can log in but then i get an error message that reads, page contains too many server redirects. **bleep** is it and how do i fix it? i can go to any other website just fine. i dont like using fb from the market, i like the one through the internet better.

0 Likes
Re: Page contains too many server redirects error message!!
Wildman
Legend

This sounds like a site issue and has nothing to do with Berizon or your device..  Have you contacted Facebook about the issue?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Boss2114, 

Please try the following steps for this error message:

-Clear browser cache and retry.
In browser > press menu button > more > settings > clear cache

-Make sure you have at least 20MB free 

From home screen > settings > sdcard & phone storage > internal memory

Once this is completed, please power the phone off and then back on. Then, try again to access the facebook.com page. 

Please post back with your results. Thank you!

0 Likes
cupjo

I get this message when trying to connect to certain secure wireless sites.  At the page where you would normally get prompted to enter UN/PW, I get this message instead.  Happens when trying to connect to iBahn & Go-Go Inflight Wireless. 

It happened  straight out of the box, no extra apps installed & plenty of memory.  I've lived with it for the last month, but getting pretty fed up.  My next step is to switch back to the old Droid & only activate the Verizon HTC when I go out of the country (which stinks since it won't get iBahn network, but at least I can use the phone).  

I can access these same pages without any issues using my Sprint HTC 4G phone (work phone) & my old Verizon Droid (original one) at the same time the Verizon HTC phone is flaking out, so I don't think it is the websites or networks. 

I fly several times a week & since I'm paying a lot of money for a Go-Go subscription each month, I'd like to use it on this device.  Verizon's suggestion to wipe my phone doesn't impress me.  Any other ideas? 

0 Likes