Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phone Freezing
auntsteff

I have had my Droid X since Feb 2011.  Currently, the phone is freezing when making/receiving calls or texts (I can send/receive texts through Google Voice/Talk).  I have called Tech Support & received 2 replacement phones and the issue continues.  The last time I called, the rep I spoke with suggested it is an issue with an app that has been updated for ICS & to hard reset the phone again, then reinstall apps one at a time until the problem occurs to find the problem.  I have installed a brand new SD card.  At the moment, I am running minimal apps but still experiencing the same problems.  I did check & there are no updates available for my phone.  I am extremely frustrated!  I would like to make the phone last until after Christmas but at this rate, I won't make it.  I really want to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy Note 2, but want to wait til people actually get it in their hands & use it for a few days before I jump onboard for a $300 phone.  I am currently carrying the phone without a case & without the battery door because I have to pull the (extended) battery multiple times each day.

0 Likes
Re: Phone Freezing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi auntsteff,

This is not the experience we want you to have with your phone. Did you ever have a battery management app installed on the phone? How about a task killer application? These applications can stay with the Gmail username and password and can cause the device to still have the side effects of the app even after removable. After the hard resets, did you ever try a new Gmail account? I encourage you to try this next to see the difference in device experience.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes