Phone kept getting hotter and hotter after update - now won't turn on
gaieegail

Well, seems that my phone crapped out. The mandatory system update that seemed to take forever to load and then install. Afterward, the battery would get the life sucked out of it in minutes while getting hotter and hotter to the touch.  Now it won't even turn on.  Grrrrrrrrrrr

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on fix?

0 Likes
Phone kept getting hotter and hotter after update - now won't turn on
Mandalynisme

my phone has been getting hot since i got it in feb, and it took 24 hrs for my update to upload not its been 2 hrs or more of trying to upgrade. I am afraid my phone is gonna be messed up. I don't know why it get hot, I have actually had to take my phone apart at times to let it cool down. I hope someone has an answer.

0 Likes
Re: Phone kept getting hotter and hotter after update - now won't turn on
supermother1962

i just got the update yesterday& my phone got really hot

0 Likes
Re: Phone kept getting hotter and hotter after update - now won't turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@gaieegail,

Believe me when I say I feel your pain! I have the same phone and had the same issues after the update. But don't worry because I'm here to help!

What worked for me was performing a hard reset http://bit.ly/nExWmP after the update. I know it can be inconvenient but necessary after such a big update like the ICS.

I noitced a big difference after the hard reset and I'm confident you will too. Just make sure you back up your phone before the hard reset so you don't lose anything you need.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes