Phone won't Synch contacts and calendar
Bluescruiser

HELP!!  So, my phone recognizes my PC (and likewise), but won't transfer anything over (including my contacts and calendar) when synchronizing.  It's giving all appearances of synching, but when finished, nothing is showing up on my phone.  The phone is showing 14.83GB available space on the SD card, and I get a message on my PC (Vcast), "ERROR:  VMMModeselection.exe - no disk  - There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk into drive D:"  Never had a disk, so I'm not sure what to do about that?  Where do I go from here to insure things are transferring from my PC to my HTC Droid?

0 Likes
Re: Phone won't Synch contacts and calendar
Not applicable

Bluescruiser,

I would love a chance to help with the sync from phone to PC. Were you able to sync ever previously with the HTC Incredible? If so, what sync software on the computer are you using? Where on your computer are you syncing your info to? Also, what type of information are you attempting to sync.  Make sure you are using the appropriate option on the device when connected to the PC. I also recommend trying a different port on your computer to establish the necessary connection.  Please advise more info, so I and the community can help out more!

Thanks!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bluescruiser

Hey thanks for responding to my plea, Adam.  Not sure I'll be able to answer all the questions you posed above, but I'll do the best I can to provide you more information.  The laptop PC I'm trying to synch with is an HP ProBook 4530s.  I'm using the HTC synch software to attempt to synch.  When I plug my USB connection to the phone and laptop, my phone shows that my Synchronization status is "Connected".  It also shows that my last synchronization was on 01/19/2012.  When I hit "synch now", there is a quick sync (apparently with no data coming across to the phone), and the last synchronization updates to the current date.  What I'm trying to do is to sync my PC outlook calendar and contacts to my phone calendar and contacts.  Have tried a different port with the same results.  Not sure what you mean when you say to "make sure you are using the appropriate option on the device when connected to the PC.  When I connect the USB cable, my Droid automatically goes to the sync screen.

0 Likes
mccpsmith

Dear Adam,

I am having a similar issue with my Incredible, however mine is with the exchange active sync. I sync my calendar and contacts only, no email. If I have a new calendar item it will sync with no issues. If someone sends an update to that item, that item is then duplicated on my phone's calendar. I checked my settings and for Resolve Conflict I have choosen Replace items on phone. I have been using this tpye of sync for the last 6+ months with no issues. This just started happening in the last month or so. I have deleted the account and added it again and the first sync is fine. In addition, when I have a calendar item in outlook canceled, it does not cancel the item on my phone calander. I believe sometime in late November or early December my phone prompted me to complete a software update. Since then, I have been noticing this issue and it is driving me CRAZY! Do you have any advice?

Thanks,

mccpsmith

0 Likes