Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Phone won't connect to 4G LTE
hasoon0805

It happened about an hour ago. My phone suddenly went to 3G, so I used *#*#4636#*#* and tried changing it to LTE only and it would only show the no signal icon on my phone. I know I'm in a 4G area, my son's phone has 4G and it's working fine, but this one isn't. I'm not paying 45 dollars per phone for bad service quality.

0 Likes
Re: Phone won't connect to 4G LTE
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, waiting a few minutes, putting the SIM card back in, rebooting the phone, then allowing the phone to establish a fresh network connection?  If that doesn't work and there are no tower issues in the area, you might try a new SIM card (they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store).

0 Likes
hasoon0805

Talking with a rep right now, have done everything, and the problem seems to be my phone. I'm updating it to 4.1.2 right now to see if it will fix anything.

0 Likes
davper

Don't do it! You run the risk of loosing the use of WIFI with Jelly Bean.

Everyone I know including myself have lost the use of WIFI after Jelly Bean.

Verizon Support says upgrade your router. I can't upgrade every public router. And my home router is provided by Verizon and they tell me it is the most current. So their response is to buy a new phone.

0 Likes