Phonebook will not upload to car mobile phone package
daviskpjr

I successfully paired the Charge to the car, but the phonebook fails to upload.  I deactivated the running service "BluetoothPbapService" as suggested in the BMW thread, but this did not work.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Phonebook will not upload to car mobile phone package
sbcncsu

Does not work on my Pioneer CD-BTB200 either.  I would love to know how to make this work.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

daviskpjr wrote:

I successfully paired the Charge to the car, but the phonebook fails to upload.  I deactivated the running service "BluetoothPbapService" as suggested in the BMW thread, but this did not work.  Any ideas?

I'd like to help with your pairing options. Can you tell me what model of car you have?

0 Likes
MaxBuck
Contributor - Level 1

I have this problem with my Kia Sorento 2011 EX with Navigation

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

sbcncsu wrote:

Does not work on my Pioneer CD-BTB200 either.  I would love to know how to make this work.

I run the same Bluetooth unit on my AVIC-D3 Pioneer navigation and got the Bluetooth to pair but it doesn't even recognize the Bluetooth audio. I have also had trouble using the Bluetooth phone and or audio on 09 Acura TSX but it did work fine on a 2011 Acura TL. The thing that gets me is my Thunderbolt was compatible in both phone and audio with all the vehicles I would pair it to. So I wonder is there something wrong with the Bluetooth on the Charge or is it really a compatibility issue??? 

EDIT: The Pioneer CD-BTB200 is Bluetooth 1.2 and supports A2DP, HSP, & HFP. So chances are that its not going to work from what I found on VZW site all it says is the Charge is 3.0 were as the Thunderbolt lists all the supported profiles.... Sucky

0 Likes
Not applicable

sbcncsu wrote:

I did research on Pioneer's website and found out this about the Pioneer CD-BTB200: "CD-BTB200 is designed to work only with Pioneer "Bluetooth Adapter Ready" Navigation systems, AV Receivers and CD Players."

See more details on it here.  I hope this helps with this device concern.

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

AdamE_VZW wrote:

sbcncsu wrote:

I did research on Pioneer's website and found out this about the Pioneer CD-BTB200: "CD-BTB200 is designed to work only with Pioneer "Bluetooth Adapter Ready" Navigation systems, AV Receivers and CD Players."

See more details on it here.  I hope this helps with this device concern.

Adam did you read my write up on that device? The CD-BTB200 is an adapter for pioneer car radios to allow bluetooth connection to a radio that did not come with that feature built in. I called Pioneer because their site dose not list the supported bluetooth profiles and got the information I listed below.  

GreenBobot,

"I run the same Bluetooth unit on my AVIC-D3 Pioneer navigation and got the Bluetooth to pair but it doesn't even recognize the Bluetooth audio. I have also had trouble using the Bluetooth phone and or audio on 09 Acura TSX but it did work fine on a 2011 Acura TL. The thing that gets me is my Thunderbolt was compatible in both phone and audio with all the vehicles I would pair it to. So I wonder is there something wrong with the Bluetooth on the Charge or is it really a compatibility issue?

EDIT: The Pioneer CD-BTB200 is Bluetooth 1.2 and supports A2DP, HSP, & HFP. So chances are that its not going to work from what I found on VZW site all it says is the Charge is 3.0 were as the Thunderbolt lists all the supported profiles "

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Weirdest thing happened this morning, my Droid Charge paired to my old pioneer AVIC-D3 w/ Bluetooth adapter after asking for the access code. I was a little disappointed because it should remember the code but later today I just tried the Bluetooth audio and it work! After almost a month with this phone and being very disappointed that it was not compatible ( supposedly ) it just all the sudden started working. I made a call and listened to music via my bluetooth connection. Amazing... but this makes me wonder what is really going on here? I know my car unit is good cause it worked great with my Thunderbolt and now it's working with Charge. I hope it stays that way but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry if you're reading this again because I posted it on another Bluetooth post but it covers the same issue. So since my  CD-BTB200 is now working with the Samsung Charge at least intermittently it leads to believe that the bluetooth connectio issues do lay in the device. Any more thoughts or information on these bluetooth issues? 

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Excellent news! Glad it worked. Thanks for letting me know. I'll pass it on. Have a great day!

0 Likes
dhakala

I am having problems uploading the phonebook an contact list from a Droid Charge  to a Chevrolet Cruze.  I was able to do this with a Blackberry with no problems.  I notice the community has not had any Phone Book uploading issues for a while.  Has somebody found out how to do it?

0 Likes