Photos saving with size of 0.0 after update
mikki-6971
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is any one else having problems with their pictures saving, after applying the update?

I can take a picture and it looks like it is saving to my phone, but when I try to open it from the camera application, it shows an icon of a mountain and the file size is 0.  I have tried opening it from the gallery - same issue.  I have copied my pics to my pc - when I try to view it from my PC, the file opens to a blank file in paint.  I have cleared my camera data from my phone, but still will not save a newly taken pic successfully.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Photos saving with size of 0.0 after update
Wildman
Legend

Try clearing the Media Storage and Gallery data also..

0 Likes
Gigi0105
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same EXACT problem! I was thinking my SD card was full, but when you look at the properties, it's 3/4 of the way empty! If I delete a few pics, it will save a couple. but once I get to a certain point, no more are saved and i get that gray square icon like you're getting. If you find out ANY answers, please, please e-mail me at sherryroberts100@gmail.com

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for your responses. I appreciate the time you take to help out our fellow community members.

@Gigi105,

I researched this and did not find it to be a reported known issue. Try removing and reinserting the SD card in the phone while the phone is off and then power on.  Re-test and see if this helps.

If it is still not saving the pictures you are taking then you may need to perform a hard reset. Visit the following link to steps http://bit.ly/oV4Meh.

Keep me posted if you are still having any issues after performing the above steps.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
staceywilk77
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having this same camera issue for over a month.  The only fix is rebooting my phone.  But I'm still not able to open the photos I took that resulted in the "grey mountain square" icon.  I'm able to see them in the thumbnail view though.  I've also tried downloading another camera app, but it has the same issue, so I think it's a techincal issue not software.

I'm on phone number 4 in just over a year..I'm ANNOYED!!

0 Likes
mikki-6971
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried rebooting...removing the sd card....force closing the camera and then restarting. These actions will only work for a few hours...then when I attempt to start the camera...I get a message that says something like "Oops the camera cannot be started". I then have to go through the same process again. Very frustrating. Verizon tech says there is not a known issue. Hmmmmm

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

staceywilk77
Enthusiast - Level 3

mikki-6971 wrote:

I have tried rebooting...removing the sd card....force closing the camera and then restarting.  These actions will only work for a few hours...then when I attempt to start the camera...I get a message that says something like  "Oops the camera cannot be started".  I then have to go through the same process again. 

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

Same thing here. Really sucks because I had a wonderful picture of my kids that I can't access...but I can see the tiny thumbnail Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Gigi0105
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly! But there's "no known issue?" WTH? If there wasn't a known issue, then you wouldn't be seeing all of these posts! Duh!

notmissinout

Hmmm, I'm sad to see this post chain. I'm also having the same problem with pics not saving properly. I take the picture, it shows on the screen, but then does not save to the gallery. When I go to scroll through the picture gallery, I see only a generic gray icon, and when I look in the DCIM folder I see a 0.0 mg jpg. If I try to open this jpg, it says it's been "truncated". This has happened several times over the past two months, but the biggest bummer was last night. I was at the hospital to see my new Godson and took a couple of perfect shots. Now they're gone!!! So it seems nobody here has heard any tips to retrieving those truncated files.

I also find it curious that Verizon is saying it's not a known problem, when clearly there's a bunch of people here that know about it!  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
JG1956

I've been having the same problem for the past few months. It is very frustrating...I take a picture and sometimes it takes but most times I get that stupid grey mountain icon. I have lost a few really good pictures and I am getting pretty upset over all of this.

0 Likes