Re: Photos saving with size of 0.0 after update
rebaceb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue since the most recent update. This update also causes sounds issues with my phone. I take a picture and after it saves my phone says the file is empty. I am really frustrated with my phone. It cost way tool much for these issues.

Gigi0105
Enthusiast - Level 2

But, Verizon said there's NO know issues! hmmm..... WAKE UP VERIZON. YOU'VE BEEN TOLD! YOU HAVE ISSUES......

Sherry

<personal information deleted per TOS.  Extra unneeded content also deleted.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mikki-6971
Enthusiast - Level 2

JohnB_VZW - Can you please look into this issue again?  There are too many people having the same issues as me, for there to NOT be a PROBLEM!  You can no longer say there is "no known issue", because you have read the original post.

My phone is still behaving the same way.  Hard reset, powering off and back on, removing SD card and reinserting it, using a different SD card, force closing the camera then restarting it again, removing all pictures from the SD card, NOTHING has changed the behavior of the camera and saving pictures.  I can usually take one or two pictures before I get the grey mountain picture, with a 0.0 size file in the gallery or on the SD card.  The picture appears to have taken and then saved (it shows in the small square window in the upper right hand corner of the screen), but then if you click on the small square to view the picture, it displays as the gray mountain icon.  The DCIM folder will contain a 0.0 mg jpg file.  When an attempt is made to open the file, an error appears saying that the image has been truncated.  Several times a day, when I access my camera, I get a message that says something like  "Oops the camera cannot be started".  I then have to go through the same process of restarting, removing SD card, etc again.

PLEASE ADVISE!!

Thank you!

0 Likes
smd66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue. It has now been happening for about 2 weeks.  i keep getting the mountain icon on pictures only not on the video camera...please help.

Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

This is the same problem I have been having, but it is inconsistent.  The other day the camera functioned pretty normally but then today I can't take not one picture that saved properly until the phone was rebooted.  This has happened to me several times.

notmissinout

I posted earlier in this chain, because I'm having the same issue. I also called Verizon and was told it's not a "Known Issue", and I did all the suggested fixes, short of a hard reset.

So, I went to the Verizon kiosk in Costco this weekend and the technician there knew what I was going to ask as soon as I said "camera". He told me he has people coming in with this same problem all the time. It is a known issue, and has come about because of the latest updates on the phone, but there is no plan to fix it because this is now an older phone. So, basically, we live with it or we uprade the phone.

Totally sucks.

0 Likes
mikki-6971
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is not acceptable....I have had the phone less than a year

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
bbray1012

Same problem as all the others. Must be known by now. Very Upsetting!!!!

0 Likes
staceywilk77
Enthusiast - Level 3

I continue having issues with the camera and audio.  Finally complained last week and they sent me my 5th "certified refurbished" phone. I'm so tired of this. I'm tired of setting up my phone...losing text messages, games, data, etc.

Recently went to the Apple store to deal with issues we were having with my daughter's iPod Touch.  10 minutes later we were leaving with a BRAND NEW iPod Touch.  Take lessons Verizon.  Stop giving your loyal customers dud phones.

gfrtmover
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Support,

Judging by all the comments on this thread and several others both with Verizon and on other sites.  How can this not be a known issue?  My wife and I have been dealing with this for months now.  The only fix that sometimes works is to turn off the phone and then turn back on.  Take the pics and get them uploaded somewhere quick....   It would be very helpful if we ( the droid X community) could actually get a solution.  

Please assist.