Picture in TXT message
LeaLea

I have the Incredible and when I send a picture through text I always get the mesasge that the file is too big. The person receiving the TXT says the picture shows up small. Does anyone know how to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Picture in TXT message
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Two thing I try to do... first, lower the size and resolution to the photos. Second, try to crop the photo to reduce the pic size. My old phone took 300-400 bit pics to send. This phone is well over a mb. Android does a nasty job at resizing.
0 Likes
LeaLea

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

0 Likes
LeaLea

Well, that didn't work. Does anybody else have a suggestion?

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.  I am sorry you are having issues sending a picture message.  I will help you by researching the issue.   I do have a couple of questions;

Are you using another messaging application or are you using the default text application that came on the phone originally?

What is the size of the picture you are tying to send?

Waiting on your reply :smileywink:

Thanks! 

0 Likes
LeaLea

Thanks Kimberly for your help.

I am using the default messaging service. I have tried different resolutions with the same result.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry about that.... was thinking I had it figured out. I also am having resizing issues. No message apps here, stock Incredible. I'd appreciate some assistance as well.

Thanks

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi :smileyhappy:   Thank you for responding so quickly!  I will now give you basic steps to see do you have any applications that are conflicting with you sending picture messages.     We will try putting your phone into Safe Mode, to temporarily disable all of the applications so you can try to send a picture again.   Here are the steps. 

Power key 

Power off 

Click OK to turn the phone off.

OK to confirm 

Press and hold down the Power Key to turn back on.
Power key 

When the HTC Logo appears on the screen, press and hold the Menu key.
Menu

Hold the menu key until Safe mode appears in the left corner of the home screen.
This may take up to 30 seconds.

Once you do this, try to send a picture message again to see if it shows up correctly.  If it does not, please message me back the following information.

What size picture are you using each time you try to send?

Did you take the picture you are sending on your phone or did you get the picture sent to your phone another way?

By the way, to disable safe mode, you will just power your phone off and back on.

Waiting on your reply

Thanks!

0 Likes
LeaLea

I was unable to get it to go in to safe mode.

0 Likes
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Ok. Before I give you more details on going into safe mode, how did you put the picture on your phone.  Was it sent from another phone or did you take it with your camera?

What format is the picture in? 

Also go into your messages on your phone and go to the menu and settings to makes sure the settings for picture messages is the highest. 

Waiting on your reply

0 Likes