Pictures taken are missing from gallery
sjh53221

FOR ABOUT A WEEK I'VE EXPERIENCED A PROBLEM WITH TAKING A PICTURE AND NOT FINDING IT IN MY GALLERY.

TONIGHT AS I PUT MY DISABLED GREAT GRANDSON TO BED I TOOK 2 PICTURES, REVIEWED BOTH, BUT WAITED APPROX

30 MIN BEFORE CHOOSING ONE TO POST ON FACEBOOK FOR FAMILY.

I OPENED GALLERY, AND THE 2 PICTURES WERE NOT THERE. THE LAST PICTURE WAS DATED 9-6-2012.

WHERE DID THE 2 PICTURES I TOOK, GO??

THIS HAPPENED LAST WEEK BUT THE PICTURE WAS NOT IMPORTANT.

SINCE NOAH IS DISABLED AND A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD, ALL PICTURES OF HIM ARE

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. I'VE HOPEFULLY TAKEN ALL THE PICTURES I COULD FIND ON

THE DROIDX OFF AND IN A FOLDER ON MY DT.

WHERE ARE THE 2 TAKEN 9-7-2012??? THIS UPSETS ME.

SJH53221

HELP PLEASE

0 Likes
Re: Pictures taken are missing from gallery
bearone21
Legend

are you getting the message that the pic is being saved to the card after taking the pic?

0 Likes
sjh53221

I honestly don’t recall. the fact that it went down to the left corner, where the photos usually go, and I could click on it and view it again I assumed it was saved.

I’m going to take the phone to my store and see if they can find them. the last time it happened I took a pic of the K.C. / Packer score to send to my family in K.C. and out of 3 only 1 was in my album.

sjh53221

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

take a pic of anything & see if you get the message. pics are default saved to the card, unless that's been changed & is done within camera/menu/settings.

0 Likes
sjh53221

I took a picture, it stays on the screen about 2 sec, then it goes to the lower left corner of the camera. I see it there, I touch, it pops up. the same pic I just took.

That is what happened the night I took 2 pictures of Noah. same sequence.

they are not in any album.

sjh53221

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i've looked all over camera, gallery, settings/storage & can't find where to select "save to card", sorry

0 Likes
staceywilk77
Enthusiast - Level 3

welcome to the club!  This has been happening to several customers since the last software update in the spring.  I finallly complained last week.  They sent my 5th (in 2 years) "certified refurbished" replacement....I continue to have the issues.

12/29/12 I will be getting rid of this piece of crap phone.

0 Likes
sjh53221

I think we will be switching from Verizon as soon as contract is up.

There simply has to be something better out there. The only reason we have stayed this long is my hubby is a tournament bass fisherman, and some locations he goes to he has no service with past carriers. Verizon was the only one that he had service with. He agrees tho, he can borrow someone’s phone or he don’t have to call me every night.

I just hate having to check out all the carriers.

have you checked into those offered with “unlimited everything” for like 45 or 50$ a month? walmart and some other places offer that. sounds way to good to be true. our bill with our granddaughter sharing, is over 200 a month. way to steep for retirees.

this is my third, “refurbished” also, which really pi%$ed me off b-cuz I only had the 1st one for about 6mos when the external camera button broke. I never used it but once. the one I have on this phone is also broke.

good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi sjh53221,

I feel your pain! I also like to save my treasures (pictures). Sounds like your pictures are saving an a different folder for some reason. While Verizon Wireless does not recommend or support any 3rd party applications, I personally use ES File Explorer; this application allows me to find files in my phone that I was not able find before. I recommend (personally) to download this application from the market or any other file management application of your choice and see if you are able to locate your picture files. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes