Pictures wont save on Droid X
irisheyes68114

For the past 4-5 months now, my camera has been acting funny.  It will take a picture  and all will appear normal, but the picture doesnt save.  It instead saves an icon but when you try to open it, text it, etc, you get an error message.  It is completely random.  It will take 5 pictures in row, then 2 hours later, it wont save any pics at all.  Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Pictures wont save on Droid X
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to save all those important pictures irisheyes68114! That does sound like unusual behavior. Have you tried a different camera app to see if the behavior is the same? Try searching for one in the Play Store. If the same problems persist, I recommend running the device in safe mode to determine if other third party apps may be causing the issues. bit.ly/qndXiA If the handset doesn't perform better, please complete a hard reset as the final step. bit.ly/oV4Meh

I trust this information was helpful in resolving your concerns.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
ewink77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same problem. Sometimes (and I stress the word sometimes) Instagram will work fine, but other times it will get angry and say 'you have no SD Card'. However the vanilla camera app constantly corrupts pictures and videos, and the gallery loses pictures, occasionally getting them back after a reboot, but they are usually corrupt.

I don't know if it's related, but I also have the problem of my phone randomly rebooting at times.

0 Likes
ewink77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bumping this to see if there is any other ideas.

0 Likes
ChippyA

I have the same issue with my camera and it is very frustrating.  I have done hard resets by taking the battery out on several occassions.  I haven't had the issue in the past 2 weeks but am waiting for it. 

0 Likes
irisheyes68114

I read somewhere about some apps could cause this problem.  It was either words with friends or scramble.  I got rid of both and have had no further problems

0 Likes