Possessed phone!!
ruzgirl

Has anyone else had issues with their Droid X2 in the way of "automatic typing" ?  Also, my phone will just decide to go to a certain app on its own, switch to airplane mode or try to delete an app.  And before anyone says to delete apps and reboot computer, I have done that several times and even have had to go to a service center for three different replacement phones!!  Anytime the above issues occur, I have to take the battery out and start it up again.  It's VERY frustrating!!  I've had problems with this phone since Day One and the only explanations I've gotten are "maybe you have a virus" or "maybe it's a system update."  Come on, Verizon!!  We switched from AT&T because of the supposedly "better service and pricing," but if this continues we may switch to Sprint or T-Mobile!!  #VERYFRUSTRATED!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Possessed phone!!
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Does it behave the same way in SAFE MODE?  If not, you definitely/likely have a rogue app causing your issue ... The next step might be to just bite the bullet and do a Factory Reset ...  especially if you received the Gingerbread update on top of the previous OS.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can use an App called System Panel it's in the Market for Free or for a small $2.99 fee is the pro version.  an with that app it can let you know what you apps are doing or if one is acting up as well.. an it will also give you info on the phones battery an the temperature of the phone. Give it a Try!

0 Likes
billco

AVG is now offering an Anti-Virus program for the Droid in the Marketplace.  Might be worth a try.

0 Likes
heidcinti

mine does this when the screen gets wet. Drying it off doesn't make it stop either. I have to turn it off and restart it for it to go back to normal.

0 Likes
jscrawley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a similar issue with my original droid, it would randomly start running an app or start to navigate through my menus and open apps, or texts or pictures. Eventually I found it was an app I had downloaded and when I used the app it would make my phone go haywire. Probably a good idea to look into an anti-virus or check out system panel

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

a wet electroninc screen is not good.