Pro's & Con's of Phone?
mizmelzywi

I'm looking to upgrade, and looking at the HTC Incredible 2 or possibly the Thunderbolt.   What would you say the pro's and con's are?  When using wifi do you have to put the phone in airplane mode?  Is it easy to find apps for the phone.  Like say my health care provider has an app for android phones where I could access my medical records from my phone.  Would it install nicely even though HTC has Sense ?  Or would I have problems?  Is it easy to download photos from sites or ring tones?  Can they be installed and saved from a website directly to the phone? Or do you still have to have it sent to you via text message and saved?  How good is battery life?. I don't do a lot of talking or texting, or playing games.  So hoping the battery will last longer than 24 hours.  I do charge my phone every night anyway.  But in case I don't have the ability to charge my phone, I want to know that in case I need to make a call I can without worrying about the battery going dead.  Where I work ,we can not have our phones with us, they must be in our lockers.  So for most of the day 8 hours plus it will probably be in standby mode.  I would like to hope that by the time I go to leave work it will have enough battery life for me to make a call in the event of an emergency while on my way home.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Mel

0 Likes
Re: Pro's & Con's of Phone?
flyersfan202

Hi,

The only con I would say with the Inc2 is that it's not a 4G phone.  Before I decided on the Inc2 I read through some reviews of it on various sites.

No, you do not have to put the phone in airplane mode.  If you use WiFi, you just enable it, and it uses that for data instead of 3G (Verizon's data network).

It's very easy to find apps for the phone (and any other Android phone) via the Android Market.  You just search for what you want, and download it.

I haven't really bothered with ringtones, so I have no comment on that.

Battery life is pretty good (obviously, it depends what you're doing with the phone).  If you don't do a lot of talking, texting, or playing games, I would think you could easily get 24 hours.  Here's something to think about: when the phone is in your locker, would it be picking up a signal?  If not, that means constant searching for signal, and that would be a battery killer.  I would turn the phone off when stored in the locker, that way, it's not searching for the 8 hours it's stored.

Hope this helped.

0 Likes
mizmelzywi

I had contemplated a 4G phone, however, I'm in a small rural town and I doubt we'll get 4G within the next year.  I didn't want to get a 4G phone and then only be able to utilize the 3g network. By the time it is here, it will be time for my next upgrade. I do not do a whole lot of surfing or texting or what not. I think on a busy day I might make like 4 calls.  Normally I'll make one a day if that. Not a big text person either. I do text, but not a ton. I do get weather updates though by text so, it may change now that I have a smart phone.

I did end up buying the Incredible 2.  It should be here Wednesday (crossing fingers that MLJ Day isn't going to delay it any! Smiley Happy

I had to upgrade because my Kin2M isn't charging properly, and I don't want to wait for it to die. (warranty is up already on it)  I had been using my old intensity 2 but the signal quality on that is just going to the pitts because it isn't even a 3G phone. It only gets 1X. I was tried of having to press my face to a window and hold the phone up about another 3 feet in the air to get a proper signal.So had to upgrade. I got better signal on the Kin2m. Hopefully I won't have the same signal issues with this phone. With the kin I got 2 bars and never had a dropped or lost call.  The intensity2 I couldn't even get one bar!

Can't wait to get the new phone!

Mel

0 Likes
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

Pros:  Good size - fits in hand nicely, large and crisp screen, Sense 2.0  better than the others, although Sense 3.0 would be even better.

Cons:  Poor battery life, extremely poor reception, poor build quality. 

The iPhone, by comparison, has a battery that runs circles around this phone, is built like a tank and gets great reception.  I had two of them and wanted to try something different and this phone has been a major disappointment.  Perhaps I wouldn't feel this way had I not owned two quality iPhones previously.  I never had any quality issues with either iPhone and gave both away when I got a new phone and both are still being used.  Regardless of what phone I get next, HTC will not be on my short list.  I'm getting ready to get my third one in six months; this time due to the power button recessing, which is a problem reported by others on this board. 

smartphoneguru
Contributor - Level 1

Pros: kinda looks ok

Cons:  poor battery life , extremely poor reception, recorded from device (Incredible 2) video files sometimes will not be recognized by anything other that Incredible 2. HTC is not a fav of mine, kinda backwards if you ask me. Will not charge sometimes. Way over priced, should be free..For anyone, no contract.. And I would give it to the kids to play with.

0 Likes
dincredible220

The only con I have is the volume. when I have it on speaker phone for calls it it isn't much louder than off speaker with the volume turned all the way up.

D.E.

0 Likes