Problem with Droid Incredible randomly turning off and trys to reboot
jrcwrest

I am currently on my 2nd replacement Droid Incredible and currently have another replacement being sent in the mail.  If I use my phone for a few minutes it will randomly turn off and try to reboot and just keeps trying to restart itself and gets stuck in this endless loop and the only way to stop it is pull the battery.  I have not been able to pinpoint the problem to a certain program or application and neither has the Verizon tech people.  I have tried the factory reset and I have not downloaded any Apps that aren't already installed on the phone.  I have been sent replacement batteries, 2 replacement phones, reformatted the memory card and it seems that I keep getting stuck with malfunctioning phones.  Was wondering if anyone had the same issue or have an idea to solve the problem.  Hopefully this next phone doesn't have the same problem because it is getting very frustrating having to explain my problem over and over to different Verizon tech support people only to have the same recommended solution...get a replacement phone.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Droid Incredible randomly turning off and trys to reboot
B33
Legend

Jr sounds like u have a wooley of a problem i got a D inc an a X an my incredible so far has'nt had this issue knock on wood. So i wood try accouple of things.:

1.Call HTC if you havent allready Tell them the issues your having with the phone. they'll ask for some numbers from ya to check there Data base to see if your phone may have came from a bad bach or it  itself may have something wrong with it.

2.Have you been charging it with the charger that came with it. In the past people has posted on here that they've been charging there D inc. with there P.c's an haveing issues with there phone.

3.When Talking to V-Tech Services did they pute thru to a Advance tech not to say the first one you talk to didn't know what they were Doing But Advanced Techs Seem to Know a Alittle More when it comes to sertain Problems.

It seams you have done many things to rectify the issues with your D inc. So if still have problems like you mentioned i'd see if you could get a brand new one. Or see if you could go into a different device. it's the beeries when you get a new phone an have issues with them.  i will say i did aswell go thrue 3 D incs before a Advanced tech seen for his own eyes that a issue with D inc dropping the 3G indicator an its abillity to comunicate to go onto to the web an other services you could still use the phone to make phone calls but thats it. And many D inc Customers had this Happen to them as well. But after the tech go a hold of it he sent a Trouble ticket to HTC an they corrected it with a minor updated then froyo came out an that heped to.

So give my couple of suggestion a try an hopefully the problem can be resolved for ya. Good Luck.! :smileyvery-happy: 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It sounds like a bad app. You need to try DL an app and wait..... Then add the next amd wait. It it is consistantly occurring with replacements, you are lmost likely oading a corrupt app.

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

When you get the new replacement, after activating it, can you keep it completely vanilla? I mean, don't setup any accounts (not even google). Don't even insert the microSD card. Just use the phone after activation as it is, with it's basic software and apps. NO mail accounts, no SD cards, nothing. If the phone works OK, then try and first setup your gmail account. Keep using the phone for a few more days before you download or configure anything else.

The point of this excercise is to see if setting up some email accounts, or inserting the same SD card (even after reformatting) is somehow causing the problems.

I can't speak from experience as I have never had an issue with my DInc., but I had setup an IMAP email for a friend where we did not confifure the outgoing SMTP (he did not have that info). The email app would just hang like crazy even if he was not accessing that email account. So the point is, take it slow, systematic with patience~!

0 Likes
JYoon

My phone has been problem-free for most of 6-8 months since purchase, up until about 4 weeks ago. I have experienced the same problem you have been describing to the point where I activate the phone function to make a call, and the **bleep** thing just shuts down and enters into a reboot cycle - or just freezes. This happens with all programs and at random times. I've read a lot of advice from others writing in and in my unofficial opinion, and I'm discouraged. Likely, it's time for a new phone.

0 Likes
dillonxv

I've had the same problem as described.  I wrote about it here:  tumblr.com/xcb2id1ww6 - so far I haven't had any luck working with Verizon.  Hopefully they will issue a fix or offer some assistance.  Good luck.

0 Likes
LynnP
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a possibility that you might have a virus.  I would go to the "Market" icon and download the free AVG antivirus.  It's a good dependable program.  Run it several times.  It runs in the background and isn't a memory hog.

0 Likes
lewd

Mine has rebooted a couple of times when I have been driving and had it on the car charger. The charger is a verizon brand bought at the Verizon store. At the time I was using the GPS for directions. I did notice that the phone felt very warm when I picked it up, and I do have the hard black snap on cover. I have run the GPS app since for at least a few minites with no reboot when it wasn't on the charger therefore so far it seems that being on the car charger is the culprit in my case at least. I'll test further and see if I can duplicate it further.

0 Likes
mkort

I have had a similar problem with my incredible where it will reboot when running certain processes (GPS, streaming video).  I also noticed that the battery got warm so I download the app Bat Stat which tells you the temp of the battery.  There is a significant rise in battery temp before I start the GPS and after I have been running it for only a few minutes.  I've read that it could be shutting down due to the excessive battery temperature and it makes sense.  Is there any way to fix this?  I've tried a factory reset and that didn't help at all.  My warranty is also up so I doubt that they will do anything about it.  Any sugestions or any luck with your problem so far?

0 Likes