Promised Updated Software for Droid - Voice Command Blue Tooth
Beneyna1

When I purchased the Droid back in November 2009 I think, I quickly found out the Wireless Bluetooth device (any kind) will not work on the voice command through the bluetooth piece.  This means handsfree while driving is virtually impossible.  Verizon emailed me back in a resonse that this was an update coming soon.  I heard a new update arrived on March 18th, 2010.  I have not found any updates and my device says it is current.  Phone support said this update included issues connecting with Yahoo email accounts as well.  I am specifically interested in the Bluetooth - voice command function.  I know you can go through the phone itself, but that takes hands off the wheel....   Has anyone seen of used this update yet?  I love my droid...sure would like this completion.

0 Likes
Re: Promised Updated Software for Droid - Voice Command Blue Tooth
Not applicable

You can solve the problem by installing Voice Dialer HF and Button Shortcut.

0 Likes
Sorrows

The update is suppose to be released in batches of 250,000 from what I understand. I haven't gotten it either, but I'm hoping soon.

0 Likes
JasonJoel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes an update is coming, but NO it will not have bluetooth dialing... There is no bluetooth dialing in Android 2.1.

So basically, IF Google is working on it (they have never commented that they are or are not), it isn't coming any time soon...

Sorry to point out bad news. I would like it too, but the fact is that it is not coming soon.

Jason

0 Likes
a911er

Heres a link to the motorola milestone 2.1 fact sheet

https://rsddownload.motorola.com/download/MILESTONE_Upgrade_Android_2.1__March_22_2010_v2.0_FINAL.pd...

Notice the Bluetooth support at the bottom. fingers crossed this stays for the Droid 

0 Likes