Random app force close problems and other issues on Droid
vDroid

Has anyone seen droid apps randomly force close a lot lately? I bought the Droid and have been having constant problems after the initial update. 2.2 brought no comfort. Facebook video never worked, screen has been jumpy, lots of random app resets and force close problems showing up lately, and the 3G speeds which was about the only good thing about Verizon has become very slow lately. This thing is starting to make windows mobile 6x look good.

This Droid device has seriously grown long in the tooth now. After nearly 10 yrs on verizon network, I'm seriously thinking of going back to AT&T for the iPhone or the new Windows 7 Phone. Anyone else feel that way about your Droid?

0 Likes
Re: Random app force close problems and other issues on Droid
Suigeneris

Don't get me started with the Facebook app. Lets leave it at FAIL. But, yes. I've noticed it with maps, espescially if your in a moving vehicle when you open the app. Something about the gps and being in motion at the time. But, I've had it freeze from opening the camera to a few 3rd party apps. Very frustrating to the point that I'll take a regular phone AND a regular laptop, thank you. (<--not interested in renewing)

0 Likes
Re: Random app force close problems and other issues on Droid
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

If you are using a task manager or antivirus application, try changing the settings on the application or removing the application. 

0 Likes