Random speaker static
howsertron

Recent update resulted in speaker static on every phone call..Super annoying..Time for another return already???

0 Likes
Re: Random speaker static
Spiral
Master - Level 1
Multiple posts with the same complaint. Super annoying!!
0 Likes
louise3000

I've had a repetitive clicking noise while on speakerphone ever since the upgrade.  The party on the other side doesn't hear it.  I don't hear it if I just have the phone to my ear - only on speakerphone

Any ideas?

Louise

0 Likes
55Bob901

I've experienced a similar problem.  The first time, I could hear a strange noise, but I wasn't sure where it was coming from.  It happened several times before I could trace the noise to my phone.  It reminded me of the noise a camera shutter makes when it takes a picture.  Later, while talking to my brother, I heard the static noise several times while I was using Bluetooth.  It hasn't happened for a few days.  My brother never mentioned it, so I assume he didn't hear it. 

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

My son and I have Charges and after the update only his has the clicking/static sound during calls.  He hears it in the phone speaker when it is up to his ear.  He says it is a clicking or camera shutter type sound that is repetitive every few seconds.  Would be nice to get rid of that as all else works very well and better battery life.

0 Likes
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this too since the update.  It is intermittent and only on speaker.  If I am on bluetooth or hold the phone to my ear, it does not happen.  It is sort of a static/howling sound.  Makes it very hard to understand the other person, who does not hear it.  It does not happen that often so I have not worried about it.

0 Likes