I made the mistake of allowing the new IT guy to "sync" my personal phone (Droid x) when the office made some changes/upgrades to our Outlook server. (2 years ago the old IT guy said it was impossible to sync Outlook with an android phone -- and I ended up setting it all up myself.)
He had a devil of a time --- and kept my phone for several hours. I've been unable to get a comprehensible answer as to what he did to my phone. I can't see my e-mail on my phone and I keep getting "unable to synch" messages on my phone- yet the Outlook Web app says it is FINE and that the last synch was a few minutes ago.
End result -- he says I either need to wipe my entire phone or buy a new phone because "you operating system is updated" but we can't figure out how to remove the old certificate.
As best I can tell he somehow managed to uninstall the corporate synch app -- it is just GONE from my phone-- and I can't figure out how to reinstall it.
Is there a way to do a fresh reinstall of this feature without doing a full wipe of my phone and losing 2 years worth of files - customization - data etc?
Have a Look at these Instructions they show a little more than Just Corporate Sync but hopefully this will Help b33
How do I set up a new email account?
Follow the steps listed below to setup Personal email or Exchange (corporate sync) email accounts.
Note: If you are having problems with your account, it is recommended that you remove the acount and follow the steps below to setup the account again.
Personal Email, POP3 / IMAP4 accounts
To setup email on your DROID X once you have already set-up your handset, follow directions below. If you are adding an email account during your handset's initial startup, skip down to Set-up accounts menu (Step #3) for same menu.
During the connection, you may be asked to complete a manual set-up if your email provider is not recognized, your email address/password is incorrect, or if your email provider has restrictions on mobile email set-up. Please check with your email provider to obtain any of that detail. You will need your password, login name, POP3 or IMAP port, and server settings to complete a Manual set-up. If you have this information ready, proceed to next section regarding Manual setup. We have listed a chart of manual settings for some POP3/IMAP email providers at the bottom of this FAQ, click here.
If prompted for manual setup, touch Manual setup. You can also get into manual setup by uncheckingAutomatically configure account after you entered your email address and password.
Your account is now set-up. Please test sending and receiving an email.
Corporate Sync, Enterprise, Corporate Exchange Server Email:Notes: Exchange account (Corporate Sync) is for Microsoft® Exchange server work email accounts. Enter details from your IT administrator.To add Corporate Sync / Exchange accounts:
You will need the below information to setup an Exchange Account on your phone:
5. Tap on Next to submit settings. Handset will check with server and verify if successful. If screen turns black (based on your display timeout setting), just tap the power button or Back hard key.
- Touch inside Username box to change username
- Touch inside Password box to change password
- Touch Calendar to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) synching calendar from this account
- Touch Contacts to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) synching contacts from this account
- Touch Email to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) synching email from this account
- Touch inside Email address box to change your email address on this account.
- Touch inside Server box to change your server location for this account.
- Touch inside Account name box to change your Account name used on this handset for this account.
- Touch Use secure connection to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) SSL security for this account
- Touch Verify Certificate to enable (Checked) or disable (Unchecked) certificate use with this account
- Click on arrow underneath "Sync messages for" to select how far back you will pull / sync messages from your corporate exchange account. (1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month) - keep in mind if you have messages older than this setting, those email messages will not sync over
- Select Remove account to remove this Corporate Exchange account from the handset.
CLICK HERE to learn more about customizing corporate sync / exchange email settings
|POP3/IMAPAccount||ServerType||Incoming Server||Incoming Port||Usesecureserver||VerifyCert.||Outgoing Server||OutgoingPort||Use secureserver||VerifyCert.|
|Aim.com||IMAP4||imap.aim.com||993 (or 143)||Yes||Yes||smtp.aim.com||465 (or 587)||Yes||Yes|
|aol.com||IMAP4||imap.aol.com||993 (or 143)||Yes||Yes||smtp.aol.com||465 (or 587)||Yes||Yes|
|comcast.net||POP3||mail.comcast.net||995 (or 110)||No||No||smtp.comcast.net||587||No||No|
|cox.net||POP3||varies by location||995 (or 110)||Yes||Yes||varies by location||587 (or 465)||No||No|
|earthlink.net||POP3||pop.earthlink.net||110||No||No||smtpauth.earthlink.net||587 (or 25)||No||No|
|excite.com||POP3||pop3.excite.com||110||No||Yes||smtp.excite.com||25 (or 587)||No||Yes|
|Go Daddy Accounts||POP3||pop.secureserver.net||995 (or 110 w/out Secure connection)||Yes||Yes||smtpout.secureserver.net||465 (or 25 w/out Secure connection)||Yes||Yes|
|lycos.com||POP3||pop.mail.lycos.com||110||No||Yes||smtp.mail.lycos.com||25 (or 587)||No||Yes|
|mac||IMAP4||mail.mac.com||993||Yes||Yes||smtp.mac.com||25 (or 587)||No||No|
|me||IMAP4||mail.me.com||993||Yes||Yes||smtp.me.com||25 (or 587)||No||Yes|
|mindspring||POP3||pop.mindspring.com||110||No||No||smtpauth.earthlink.net||587 (or 25)||No||No|
|Roadrunner||POP3||varies by location||110||No||No||varies by location||587 (or 25)||No||No|
|verizon.net||POP3||incoming.verizon.net||110||No||Yes||outgoing.verizon.net||25 (or 587)||No||Yes|