Reboot Loop
Fischy32450

I have finally reached my wits end and am posting in the forums in hope that a VZW rep will read this and provide some support.

Since the update my phone has been continuously stuck in the 2am reboot loop. I have backed up the phone and done a hard reset multiple times but to no avail. I contacted CS @VZW who stated that my phone is no longer in warranty and the only thing they could suggest was doing a hard reset (which has, as stated, been done multiple times) or to upgrade my phone. Here's my issue. I currently not interested in upgrading as I do not like any of the phones being offered. I also had no problems with my phone before this update. The issues that have come up with this phone are a direct result of the update that was pushed. My phone reboots every night from 2am to 5am and constantly freezes to the point of having to pull the battery. Please help as I am finally ready to cancel my contract...after almost 13 years with VZW and switch carriers.

I have also tried every single tweak and step that has worked for others.

Yours truly...

Incredibly  stumped

0 Likes
Re: Reboot Loop
sidekeck
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Incredible had exact same issue, with exact same non-response to all the same "fixes". One day I accidentally drowned it and it died. Best solution ever. Honest. That phone was never going to be right after that software upgrade and VZW had absolutely no clue how to fix it, nor were they willing to do anything about it (it's HTC's upgrade, blah, blah, blah).

Since yours is out of warranty (as was mine) might I suggest a ceremonial drowning of yours as well? It will do your sanity some good.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Fischy32450,

I can definitely understand your concern with the device not reacting the proper way after the update. You expressed contacting Technical Support with Verizon a few times, have you contacted HTC as well? The reason I ask this is that HTC can occasionally repair the phone even when it's out of warranty. They're available at 866-449-8358. The master reset is the last step we can complete before a replacement is done. Due to the phone being out of warranty, the replacement would not be an option. Please let us know if HTC is able to offer an option for repair.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Fischy32450

MariaC,

Yes HTC was contacted who stated they were not able to repair the phone as it is a VZW issue that caused the crash. VZW states that is an HTC issue and HTC states that it is a VZW issue. When I stated that a hard reset was done, I am referring to the Master reset and wiping the phone clean and starting from scratch. This has been done 3 times in hope of fixing the issue. Unfortunatly, there has been no resolution.

0 Likes