Recent Wifi signal problems
Johnsont

I am having problems with my wifi signal.  I have a Droid X2, which has been a dream to own (about a year) until recently.  In the past couple of weeks, I cannot hold a wifi signal.  The phone continually switches from wifi to 3G, no matter what wifi I am using.  This continual switching is running my battery dry!  I have started in safe mode, but that does not seems to help.  I have uninstalled the only app I have recently installed, no difference. I have installed Wifi Analyzer, which shows a periodic, but drastic, drop in signal with an immediate rebound to full signal.  During this time it in indicates it is scanning for an IP address.  None of my other devices are having trouble on the same wifi networks.  I am not technically savvy when it comes to phones, but here is some info.  I am running system version 1.3.418.MB870, model Droid X2, Android version 2.3.5.  If anyone has ideas, I would appcreciate it!

0 Likes
Re: Recent Wifi signal problems
ferris_b

I have been having the exact same problem with my X2. This has been happening ever since the 1.3.418.MB870 system update. It's definately related to the update. I hope Verizon gets it fixed soon!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

something may have changed with the update.

my droid x would only connect with wep, not wpa or any other config with my linksys wrt54g router.

you might try changing channels, i use 11.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Bear when did you get this Update ? the Only update i seen on the Verizon Site was for the Droid X2.. Did you Wait a bit before you Updated. The Update that i have is 4.5.621 MB810 for my X 

0 Likes
DroidX2Glitch
Enthusiast - Level 1

i am 3 feet from my wifi router and my droid x2 will not stay connected!

it works good for 3 minutes then it disconnects for no reason and then reconnects. 3 minutes later disconnects and reconnects.  it was fine before i installed the v1.3.418 that was pushed on me!

Please Verizon provide a way to fix this problem asap. We need a new update or a way to go back to the old version.

0 Likes
val245
Enthusiast - Level 2

try checking router settings and the lease time on your LAN --if it is set to "forever" or "infinite" change the lease time to a limited setting like two weeks. This seems to bypass the DHCP setting. There may be a bug in Android. Alternatively some have also tried a static IP, but the first thing worked for me.

DroidX2Glitch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much! I tried everything else with the router.

i just changed the I.P. lease from forever to 2 weeks and the wifi has stayed connected!

0 Likes
Johnsont

Thank you so much, val245!  I mean it - bless you.  I was going nuts with the wifi.  Switched my setting to two weeks, and so far so good. 

0 Likes
Rvettiner

My router is made by Belkin and I called them. We changed several settings and even did a firmware update and I am still having this problem. So frustrated! Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Johnsont

Mine is also a Belkin. After I changed the setting suggested by the earlier poster (changing forever to two weeks), I have had no problem at all.

Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

0 Likes