Recognizing music files on sd card
Beagler

I was able to drag and drop songs from iTunes to my sd card. I created a music folder and put everything in there. However, when I select the Music app, there are only two songs in there. How can I get the phone to recognize all the songs in the sd folder?

Thanks

Cindy

0 Likes
Re: Recognizing music files on sd card
budone
Legend

Click on Music app, Click the 'List' icon. (The one with three lines) Scroll to the bottom and see if the music is under Unknown Artist.

0 Likes
Beagler

There isn't an Unknown Artist section. Only four of the ten songs I transferred are showing up.

Cindy

0 Likes
dbeech

Same thing happening with mine since 2.2 update.  Some songs and albums pull over correctly others do not show up. Some will appear in the unknown artist folder  but they are identified correctly, some entire albums have the incorrect cover attached.    Not sure what causes this but in my case it is one particular album cover that it uses over and over again.   Same  things happen if sent to internal storage.  Must be a 2.2 thing?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

unfortunately, you are probably going to have to convert all of your itunes files to files that the inc will recognize. i have seen doubletwist recommended many times to do this. it's a hassle, but should leave you with a nice, clean music selection as opposed to having to look for the files here and there and launch them from ather apps (some of which may actually play if you can find them and some of which will be recognized nowhere). dooubletwist is a free download to your pc. you need to do this on the pc, not the phone.

0 Likes