Remove Voicemail Notification on Droid Charge
zeitgei5t

I recently moved to China and I am using my Droid Charge as a wireless device and for running apps. Before I disabled the phone number on the Droid I must have had a voicemail that I never checked and the notification keeps showing up. Since the phone is not connecting to the Verizon network, the notification is in the phone and I would like to disable it. I've tried a lot of things but I am limited since the phone capabilities on the device are disabled. There is no option in the Voicemail menu to disable it.

Thanks,

Elvi

0 Likes
Re: Remove Voicemail Notification on Droid Charge
Wildman
Legend

If you disabled the service to the device you should be able to clear the notification icon by pulling down the status menu and select the notification, the alert shouldnt return because you are not accessing the netwprk to recieve any new notifications.

0 Likes
zeitgei5t

Thanks for the quick reply

That's the strange part. It does return and it persists. With the previous OS version I could clear it and it would only return when I restart the device (but it does return). With the latest update of the Android OS, hitting clear does not remove the voicemail notification at all.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Then I would backup all apps with Astro or ES File Explorer and then hard reset the device...  You can download free from Market on Wifi connection..

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=42407

and then after resetting instead of trying to activate simply bypass the activation process by following instructions below,,,

Start phone up
Get to screen where it says "Touch the Android to begin"
Tap the corners in clockwise order, like this:

Another method, in case that doesn't work:
Press the emergency call button.
Then dial *#83786633
Press the home key.

0 Likes
zeitgei5t

I was afraid it would come to that. I was hoping for a simpler solution but I'll give that a try. I assume the hard reset will wipe out everything, right? Documents, photos...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

zeitgei5t wrote:

I was afraid it would come to that. I was hoping for a simpler solution but I'll give that a try. I assume the hard reset will wipe out everything, right? Documents, photos...

It will delete all on the device but items like Photos, music, video or anything like that on SD Card shouldnt get touched but if you are worred about this you can remove it before resetting..

0 Likes